The English Language Proficiency requirement can be waived if you meet one of the criteria listed below:
- Students who are citizens of the United States.
- Students who are citizens of one of the countries noted below.
- Undergraduate First-Year Students (Freshmen):
- Students who graduated/will graduate from a high school in the United States, a U.S. territory, or any of the countries on the below list.
- Students who attend an international school that follows the educational system of any of the countries listed below (for example, IGCSE or IB programs).
- Note: students who change high school mid-stream (for example, from a local, non-English speaking curriculum to an IB program) are expected to be enrolled in non-ESL English courses consistent with their peers and should have a B average or better in the English courses.
- Undergraduate Transfer Students:
- Students who graduated from a high school in the United States, a U.S. territory, or any of the countries on the below list.
- Students who have satisfactorily completed at least 24 credit hours (not including ESL classes) at an accredited college or university in the United States, a U.S. territory, or one of the countries listed below.
- Students who have satisfactorily completed the equivalent of College Composition I and College Composition II with a grade of ‘C’ or above at an accredited college or university in the U.S. or a U.S. territory.
- Graduate Students:
- Students who attend a regionally accredited university or college located in the United States or a U.S. territory with a minimum of one academic year (3 quarters or 2 semesters) of full-time enrollment, not including ESL courses.
- Students who attend a university located in or that follows the curricula of one of these listed countries (example, American University of Beirut) reflecting a minimum of one academic year (3 quarters or 2 semesters) of full-time enrollment, not including ESL courses.
Note: Proof of medium of instruction (MOI) in English is NOT sufficient unless the above criteria are met.
English Proficiency Test Exemptions are Granted for the Following Countries:
|Antigua and Barbuda||Grenada||Sierra Leone|
|Bahamas||Ireland||St. Kitts and Nevis|
St. Vincent and the Grenadines
|British Virgin Islands||Malawi||Trinidad and Tobago|
|Canada (excluding Quebec)||Mauritius||Turks and Caicos|
|Cayman Islands||Micronesia (Federated States of)||Uganda|
United Kingdom (England, Wales, Scotland and Northern Ireland)
|Dominica||Namibia||United States of America|