As you prepare for the coming Fall term, take note of key dates, faculty development events, support resources, Canvas tips, and new workshops.
Key Dates for Fall 2023
- First day of classes: Monday, August 28, 2023
- Fall semester: August 28 – December 15, 2023
- All Canvas courses will be published automatically on August 23rd, 2023
- Review the Academic Calendar for all session dates.
Please note that online programs may follow different dates!
- Preparing for Fall 2023
Online: Thursday, August 17th, 9am – 12:30pm
In-Person: Tuesday, August 22nd, 9am – 1:15pm
Instructional Technology and Design Services invites you to our faculty development event to help you get ready for the Fall semester. This event will include sessions focused on course design best practices, how to set up and design your Fall course in Canvas, AI and other generative technologies, as well as strategies for effective assessment and student engagement. These sessions are applicable to teaching in-person, online or hybrid. Visit the event page to register.
Fall Drop-in Support and Consultations
The ITDS team will be available for teaching support to start the Fall 2023 semester. This support will be available August 21 to September 1 (excluding weekends and 8/25 from 1-3 pm). Please bring your questions and “walk-in” anytime between 10am and 3pm.
- Walk-in Support: If you choose in-person walk-in, please just tell the staff at the front desk that you are here for ITDS teaching support. We are located on the 5th floor of University Hall in rooms 5009 and 5011.
- Online Support: We will also be offering support through One-on-One Consultations online during these two weeks.
New to Teaching at Montclair State?
Join us for a quick overview of the instructional technology resources available to you at MSU. We will share tips for setting up your course in Canvas and other tools to enhance teaching and learning. Register for our “New to Montclair State: Resources for Teaching Your First Semester” workshop.
For more details on preparing for the Fall term, please visit our Start of the Semester Checklist webpage.