Panopto is an all-in-one video platform that provides desktop lecture recording, automatic captioning services, and pedagogical features to add learning interactions within a video. It seamlessly integrates with Canvas and may be accessed from there as well.
Anyone with a NetID and password can access Panopto. For instructions on how to setup Panopto access and install the recorder, please see Panopto tutorials.
How to Install Panopto
- Faculty and staff with University-owned PCs and Macs can install Panopto via the Software Center application. If Software Center is not available on your University-owned computer, reach out to your local technology team for assistance.
- Faculty and staff who seek to install Panopto onto a personal machine may retrieve the installation file from montclair.hosted.panopto.com.
Panopto Tutorials & Support
- Setup Panopto Access
- Record with Panopto (PC Version)
- Record with Panopto (Mac Version)
- View Panopto Recordings
- Edit a Panopto Video
- Embed Panopto Recordings in Canvas Pages
- Allow Students to Record Panopto Videos
- How to View and Manage Zoom Recordings in Panopto
- Upload to Panopto
- Saving Zoom Recordings to Panopto
- ITDS Workshop Recording: Using Panopto to Enhance Teaching & Learning with Digital Media