Mark your calendar and join us for Fridays with ITDS, a monthly interview series in a casual, informal virtual learning space spotlighting the unique contributions University faculty, staff, and leadership are providing to teaching and learning at Montclair State University!
Empowering Educators: AI for Teacher Education & Building Confidence in the Classroom
Where: Live via Zoom
As we spend more time with artificial intelligence, educators and industry professionals are unveiling ways to leverage it for inspiration, knowledge, and productivity. Join Bridget Looney, Adjunct Professor of Teaching and Learning, to learn how AI/ChatGPT is helping K-12 educators in her classroom gain confidence, develop curriculum, and more.
Bridget Looney is an experienced early childhood and elementary school teacher, administrator, and researcher who has been working in the field of education for over 25 years. Currently, she teaches at Montclair as an adjunct instructor and serves as an induction coach through the Center of Pedagogy. She holds a PhD in teacher education from Montclair State University, an EdS in educational leadership from Seton Hall University, and an MA in early childhood and elementary education from Teachers College, Columbia University. Dr. Looney has always been a creative teacher with a passion for helping students develop their individual strengths and talents. Her research provides a unique perspective on how makerspaces and maker pedagogy can find their place within the formal school setting through teacher-led initiatives.
Mark your calendar for our upcoming sessions! As more details emerge, this section will be updated.
- October 27, 2023
- November 17, 2023
Do you know a faculty or staff colleague making unique contributions to teaching and learning at the university who may be interested in sharing their work in a live, 30-minute interview format? Recommend colleagues or yourself to join a future session of Fridays with ITDS.
- Fridays with ITDS - April 21On April 21, join us in welcoming our panel of interdisciplinary Montclair State faculty and staff discussing the impact of AI in the field of academics!Monday April 10, 2023
- Fridays with ITDS - March 17On March 17, join us with Susan Dara Wright to discuss strategies to instill student voice in your courses!Friday March 3, 2023
- Fridays with ITDS - February 17On February 17, join us as we discuss emerging trends in education technology impacting our classrooms!Monday January 30, 2023
- Fridays With ITDS - January 27On January 27, join us in welcoming Doug Larkin and Nina Goodey on Fridays with ITDS!Thursday January 19, 2023
- Fridays With ITDS - December 9Teaching in the Winter Session? Jeff Strickland and Dominique Houze join us in offering advice and guidance on how to excel in this accelerated format!Friday November 25, 2022