Simple Syllabus is a centralized, template-driven platform that enables instructors to quickly personalize and publish interactive class syllabi. Simple Syllabus is now available in Canvas as “Course Syllabus” and can be enabled in Canvas course(s).
Benefits to Using Simple Syllabus:
- Provides templates that are visually appealing and easy to update.
- Automatically pulls in key details about a class into the Syllabus.
- Provides updated University policies and resources for students ensuring accuracy and saving faculty time.
- Allows departments/programs to customize syllabi with specific information.
- Offers an interactive syllabus menu for students to navigate specific sections.
- Provides printable syllabi and print-to-PDF options.
- Enables instructors to see student engagement with course syllabi.
A pilot group of faculty has integrated Simple Syllabus into their teaching for the spring 2023 semester and we are expanding to include more courses this summer. If you are interested in joining this pilot, please complete our interest form or reach out to ITDS at firstname.lastname@example.org. A member of the ITDS team will reach out to share more details and assist you.
Simple Syllabus Features
- Replaces the native Canvas Syllabus tool with additional features.
- Integrates with Canvas assignments, quizzes, and discussions; automatically creates a Course Summary table.
- Editable in Canvas.
- Printable or print-to-PDF syllabi are now readily available.
- Updates made to a Simple Syllabus global template are immediately available in Canvas for all courses associated with that template. If University related policies need to be updated in Simple Syllabus, these changes can be rolled out to every syllabus instantly.
- College/School, Department, Subject, and Course specific templates are also available, which can provide more granular information to all individual syllabi within the identified unit.
- Each syllabus auto-fills certain content about your course, such as your meeting time, room location, name, etc. More autofill functionality is being added in the future.
- Track student syllabus engagement.
- Capacity to share abbreviated syllabi with prospective and enrolled students to preview.
- Syllabi can be shared for accreditation or other purposes.