Master of Arts in Social Research and Analysis
For-profit companies and non-profit organizations are increasingly turning to data to answer their questions about how to bring change to public policies, how to market a product, how to achieve sustainability, how to execute a successful advertising campaign and more.
The Master of Arts in Social Research and Analysis is a dynamic program that trains students to use qualitative and quantitative data to develop evidence-based solutions to real-world problems that these companies and organizations face every day.
This 30-credit master’s degree program is appropriate for a variety of career titles such as Survey Researcher, Interviewer, Focus Group Moderator, Social Science Researcher, Social Policy Analyst, Data Analyst, Community Relations Specialists, Evaluation Researcher, Market Researcher, Community and Social Service Specialist, Research Analyst or Associate, Program Analyst, Government Affairs and more.
The MA can also become a stepping stone to a PhD in Sociology.
What Makes Montclair State Different?
Master of Arts degrees in social research and data analysis are growing in popularity at major universities.
Montclair State’s program in Social Research and Analysis is different in several notable ways:
- Students can specialize their degree by choosing from electives in Social Policy, Information Management and Business Analytics, Communications and Media, or Earth and Environmental Science;
- While completing the degree, students also become certified in Data Collection and Management;
- The program offers a Research Practicum that allows students to work on a project with a company or an organization;
- Training is included in a variety of technical areas such as SPSS, R, Qualtrics and Excel;
- As a flexible 30-credit degree, it can be completed in just 16 months.
We Flex To You
Our 30-credit MA is designed to fit the needs of your busy schedule:
- Full- or part-time study
- Online classes available
- Rolling admissions
- Affordable tuition that doesn’t change after you enroll
- No application fee
Accepting applications now for Fall 2019.