The Department of Mathematics offers a variety of innovative programs and experiences for students to get involved.
- Creativity in Math and Science
- The Creativity in Mathematics and Science Project seeks to develop and implement an innovative model of STEM undergraduate education that highlights creativity in STEM at the University.
- LASER Initiative
- The Linking Arts and Science through Education and Research (LASER) Initiative engages students in cross-disciplinary experiences to reform math and physics education at the University.
- Civic Engagement Through Math
- One of the central missions of the math department is to prepare students for professions which are economically satisfactory for students but also serve society.
- STEM Corps Fellows Program
- The STEM Core Fellowship is a program that supports undergraduate and graduate students who want to pursue mathematically grounded service projects in the community.