NEW! FULL IMMERSION ITALIAN COURSE for COLLEGE CREDIT
For updated information, please visit the Inserra page
Summer 2020 – Italian Program (Department of Modern Languages and Literatures) and Inserra Chair in Italian and Italian American Studies, with the support of IACE (Italian American Committee on Education), New York.
- Open to rising seniors with demonstrated interest and achievement in Italian
- Earn three college credits while still attending HS through the dual enrollment program at Montclair State University
- Full-immersion course starting in July (three weeks, four days a week, with lunches and field trips to be conducted in Italian)
- Intensive language and culture course
- Fun and interesting trips and activities outside the classroom: Past tours have included: The MET, Magazzino, Eataly, the Tenement Museum, Botto Museum, Yogi Berra Museum, and Italian stores (Scavolini, Gucci, Dolce & Gabbana, MO Gelato).
- Experienced instructors and native speaker assistants
- Great preparation for senior advanced/AP Italian courses and AP exam
- Open to NJ, NY and CT students
- Cost: $855 (a unique price for the equivalent of three college credits!)
- Dates: July 6 to 23, 2020, Monday – Thursday
This one-of-a-kind program designed for high school students on a university campus is available at Montclair State in an intensive summer format, including guest speakers and off-campus tours. The program has been offered for three years in a row (2017, 2018 and 2019) and it will again offer a RESIDENTIAL OPTION to better serve the high school population of New Jersey and the Tri-State Area at large
Original developers and coordinator: Patti Grunther (Italian teacher) and Brad Commerford (World Languages Supervisor).
Co-developers at Montclair State University: Teresa Fiore (Inserra Chair in Italian and Italian American Studies) and Marisa Trubiano (Associate Professor of Italian), Department of Spanish and Italian
Please direct questions and express interest to Patti Grunther