The new PAPPG will be effective for proposals submitted or due, and awards made, on or after June 1, 2020. Significant changes include:
- NSF will require use of an NSF-approved format in submission of the biographical sketch and current and pending support documents, once the PAPPG (NSF 20-1) becomes effective;
- NSF is partnering with the National Institutes of Health (NIH) to use SciENcv: Science Experts Network Curriculum Vitae as an NSF-approved format for preparation of both documents.
- Use of an NSF-approved format will not be required until implementation of PAPPG 20-1 on June 1, 2020.
- To assist the community, NSF has developed websites with additional information for the preparation of the biographical sketch and current and pending support.
- New requirement for providing e-mail documentation of Program Officer approval for the submission of RAPID and EAGER proposals; and
- Clarifications to current and pending support coverage as well as other changes throughout the document.
You are encouraged to review the by-chapter summary of changes provided in the Introduction section of the PAPPG.
NSF plans to conduct a webinar covering these changes on February 6 at 2PM EST. Visit the webinar website to register for this event.
While this version of the PAPPG becomes effective on June 1, 2020, in the interim, the guidelines contained in the current PAPPG (NSF 19-1) continue to apply.
A PDF version of the PAPPG will be available in the coming weeks. If you have any questions regarding these changes, please contact the Office of Sponsored Programs at firstname.lastname@example.org.