REGISTER: If this is your first time submitting to NSF, please register through Research.gov. If you have any questions about the registration process, please contact our office.
SUBMIT: The National Science Foundation requires electronic submission of proposals. The Office of Sponsored Programs submits proposals to NSF using Research.gov.
- Proposal and Award Policies and Procedures Guide (PAPPG) For Proposals Due On or After January 30, 2023.
- NSF Research.gov Proposal Submission Review Checklist
- Pre-award and Post-award Disclosures Relating to the Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending Support: NSF has published a Pre-award and Post-award Disclosures Relating to the Biographical Sketch and Current and Pending Support table. This newly issued table identifies where pre- and post-award current and pending support disclosure information must be provided. Proposers and awardees may begin using this table immediately.
- SciENcv: This video tutorial shows a complete walkthrough of creating both a Biographical Sketch and a Current and Pending Support section. Step-by-step instructions are also available for download. NSF has also published a set of SciENcv FAQs.
Templates and Samples
Below are various templates and samples for sections of an NSF proposal.
- Biographical Sketch Template and FAQs
- Current and Pending Support Template and FAQs
- Results from Prior NSF Support Samples
- Data Management Plan Guidelines
- Facilities, Equipment and Other Resources Sample
- Collaborators and Other Affiliations (COA) Information Template and FAQs
- Sample Letters
- Postdoctoral Research Mentoring Plan Template