A new version of NIH’s General Instructions for NIH and Other PHS Agencies is now available for proposals with due dates on and after May 25, 2020.
Are you interested in becoming an Early Career Reviewer? The NIH Center for Scientific Review’s website discusses the benefits of becoming an ECR and offers instructions on how to apply.
Are you interested in being notified about NIH news, resources and updated policies? Visit the NIH listserv subscription website to subscribe to the eight available Office of Extramural Research’s (OER) listserv options. Topics range from policies and procedures to grant opportunities and compliance.
Provides regular updates on NIH grants policies and activities that impact the entire grants community.
- NIH Grant Application Guide – “Filtered views” are also available for each grant program
- NIH Proposal Components Being revised–please check back
- NIH Modular Budget – 5 Year
- Plan Your Application
- How to Apply
- Write Your Research Plan
- Types of Grant Programs
- Contacting Staff at the NIH Institutes and Centers
- Standard Due Dates for Competing Applications
- Annotated Funding Opportunity Announcement
- Table of Page Limits
- Format Attachments
- Developing an NIH Budget
- New and Early Stage Investigator Policies
- Rigor and Reproducibility
- Resource Page for NIH Grant Applicants by Patty Mabry
- Q&A with Dr. Keith Crutcher, former NIH Scientific Research Officer
Processes and Procedures
- Grants Process Overview
- Peer Review Process
- NIH Center for Scientific Review
- Tracking Your Application
Templates and Samples
- NIH Biosketch Form and Sample
- SciENcv – online tool to create biosketches
- Sample Applications – including R01s, R03s and R21s
- Academic Research Enhancement Award (AREA) (R15)