Dive into New Experiences
Seasonal jobs, internships and volunteer work allow you to learn new skills, gain valuable professional experience, network with potential employers, and boost your resume, while still affording you a flexible schedule. Check out a few new opportunities just posted in Hire a Red Hawk!
- Campus Recreation, Lifeguards
- Both part-time (minimum of 14 hours) and full-time (minimum of 32 hours) hours available at indoor and outdoor facilities. Full-time staff will receive free summer housing at the Village! Learn more and apply.
- Rock. Learn. ‘N’ Play., Camp Counselor (Music, Arts & Crafts)
- Really Famous Podcast, Podcast Intern
- Camerican International, Inc., Accounting Intern
- Diabetes Foundation, Inc., Summer Intern
- TRC Companies, Inc., Environmental Summer Intern
Continue to check Hire a Red Hawk throughout the break to search and apply for jobs and internships.
Discover your strengths, explore your interests and decide what’s important to you.
Career Services offers self-assessment tools to help you set your long- and short-term career goals. Summer break is a good time to take an assessment. Make sure to set up an appointment with your Career Advisor to review your results.
Let Your Accomplishments Shine
You’ve worked hard this past year; make sure that is reflected on your resume and public professional profiles! Add any new activities and experiences as well as skills and competencies you have gained or strengthened. Include relevant coursework and update your GPA!
Need help developing your resume and/or creating your Linkedin or Hire a Red Hawk profiles? Visit these resources:
- Complete your Hire a Red Hawk profile
- Use Resume Builder in Hire a Red Hawk
- LinkedIn Profile Checklist
Take Lots of Photos & Video
First impressions go a long way! Often times, an employer will begin forming an opinion of you before you even exchange “Hello’s”. Make sure that opinion is favorable by presenting a professional image on your LinkedIn and Hire a Red Hawk Profiles.
- LinkedIn Profile Pictures Do’s and Don’ts
- Also, keep an eye out throughout the year for Career Services’ sponsored LinkedIn Headshots!
- Video Your Mock Interview and Ask for Feedback!
- Mock Interviews in Hire a Red Hawk is a free, online tool designed to help improve your interview technique and build your confidence. This feature allows you to video-record your answers and submit the recordings for feedback.