The College of Humanities and Social Sciences houses two doctoral programs including a PhD program in PhD, Clinical Psychology and an AuD program in AuD, Audiology. We also offer post-baccalaureate certificates, MA, MAT and MS programs in more than 10 fields of study.
Communication Sciences and Disorders: Training professionals to help individuals with speech, language and hearing disorders.
English: Cultivating reader-writers in literary studies, in preparation for scholarly study, teaching, or the professional world.
Classics and General Humanities: Promoting interest in and appreciation for the humanities.
- Professional development credits
- Paralegal Studies Certificate: Training students for direct employment in the paralegal field.
- MS, Computational Linguistics: Prepares students for employment in the broad field of computer and information research and analysis with strength in language analysis
- MA, Applied Linguistics: Preparing students for professions where an understanding of language is essential.
- MAT, TESL: Preparation for NJ certification in teaching English as a Second Language.
- Certificate Program, TESOL: Preparation for a university certificate in Teaching English to Speakers of other Languages.
- Certificate in Computational Linguistics: Develop the tools that support the interface of the person with the computer.
- MA, French: Concentration in French Studies
- MA, French: Concentration in Professional French Translation
- MA, Teaching French
- MA, Teaching with Dual Certification in French and Teacher of Students with Disabilities
- Professional French Translation (Certificate)
- Post-Baccalaureate Teacher Certification
Political Science and Law: Providing professional development in law- and government-related fields.
Psychology: Preparing students for advanced study in many areas of psychology.
- PhD, Clinical Psychology
- MA, General Psychology: Preparing students for advanced study in many areas of psychology.
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Child/Adolescent Psychology Concentration Providing education in the delivery of psychological services to children.
- MA, Clinical Psychology, Forensic Psychology Concentration Preparing clinicians for the legal arena.
- MA, Industrial and Organizational Psychology: Training professionals to apply psychological principles to the workplace.
- School Psychology Certificate
Social Work and Child Advocacy: Redefining child advocacy through study in law, sociology, psychology, social work and other disciplines.
- MA in Child Advocacy and Policy, Public Child Welfare Concentration
- MA in Child Advocacy and Policy – Online or Traditional
- Master of Social Work
- Post-BA Certificate in Child Advocacy and Policy – Online or Traditional
- MA, Social Research and Analysis: Trains students to use qualitative and quantitative data to develop evidence-based solutions to real world problems
- Certificate in Data Collection and Management: Providing skills needed for market research, program evaluation, polling, and applied social sciences.