The Office of Environmental Health & Safety (EH&S) develops, establishes and administers the University’s policies and procedures for environmental management, occupational safety, and health practices and ensures the University’s compliance with all federal, state, and local laws, regulatory guidelines, and industry standards. We provide environmental management and occupational safety and health services to the campus community through technical support, information, training programs, consulting services, and the periodic auditing of campus environmental, safety and health practices.
Our goal is to create and foster a culture where all stakeholders are actively ensuring that our daily processes are safe, healthy, and environmentally sound.
EH&S expects 100% compliance with all applicable environment, health, and safety requirements; however, compliance is our minimum operating expectation at Montclair State University. We choose to be leaders by exceeding the minimum expectation.
Lab Safety & Industrial Hygiene
Training, information, and support to help faculty, staff, and students work safely in labs.
Workplace & Construction Safety
Training, resources, evaluation, and control of hazardous conditions to reduce injuries.
EH&S Policies & Procedures
Information and guidance about the procedures, policies and standards most often applied in Environmental Health & Safety programs.
- Department of Environmental Protection’s (NJDEP) Web Page
- Department of Health & Senior Services – PEOSH Health Web Page
- Department of Labor and Workforce Development – PEOSH – Safety Web Page
- NJDEP Radioactive Materials Program
- CDC/NIOSH Website
- U.S. Department of Labor – OSHA’s Web Page
- U.S. Environmental Protection Agency’s Web Page
- U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission Web Page
Montclair State University: