Hawaii Waterfall

National Student Exchange

Study Away and See the USA!

The National Student Exchange is a consortium of over 180 colleges and universities throughout the United States, including Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands, and Guam, and also in Canada. Through this academic program, students continue to make progress toward their Montclair State degree while studying at another fully accredited institution. After a semester or year on exchange, students return to Montclair State University to complete their remaining degree requirements and graduate.

Imagine spending a term in a different part of the country– as close to home as Massachusetts or as distant as Hawaii or Alaska or Guam or Puerto Rico! Montclair State students are eligible to apply to National Student Exchange from their sophomore year. You can stay just one semester or a full academic year. Montclair State University students pay University tuition and still use federal financial aid.

Are you ready to explore new interests, study with new faculty, hear different ideas, make new friends, and create new opportunities?

Then widen your horizons through the National Student Exchange. Explore NSE programs here.

Make an Appointment with the NSE Student Mobility Coordinator.

Apply Here!

If you want to learn more about NSE, join National Student Exchange for a virtual NSE Info Session. We will review the basics of NSE (tuition, financial aid, course options, housing, and research tips) and answer your questions. All you need is a computer or phone with audio.