Study Abroad Info Sessions
We are here to help guide you on your study abroad/study away journey. As you been to explore programs, make sure to watch this short video for an overview of how study abroad works at Montclair State University! This will get you ready for one of our required information sessions. All students must attend an info session prior to meeting with an advisor. These sessions provide foundational knowledge of the study abroad application process and help guide students in their program search. Info sessions are approximately 30 minutes long. No sign-up is required; simply show up to the day/time that works best for you.
Fall 2023 Information Sessions:
- Tuesdays at 11 AM on the following dates: September 5th, 12th, and 19th. Zoom link for all sessions.
- No registration required, just attend and get your questions answered, more session dates and times coming soon!
- If you can’t make it to a regularly scheduled session, please email email@example.com to discuss possible alternatives.
Please note the following:
- Students must have recently attended an info session prior to beginning their application. For example, if you attend during your first year but do not apply to study abroad until your junior year, then you will need to re-attend a session. This is to be sure that you are informed of any new policies/procedures.
- Students who are certain they will do a faculty-led program do not need to attend an info session
- After completing an info session, you should also explore programs of interest prior to meeting with an advisor.
Study Abroad Advising
If you have completed your info session, you are eligible to book an appointment with one of our staff:
- Jessica Epstein, Coordinator for Semester Programs, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead advisor for academic year, semester, and summer programs.
- If you have completed an info session, request an advising appointment with Jessica HERE.
- Jeffrey Bendett, Coordinator for Faculty-Led Programs, email@example.com
- Lead advisor for faculty-led programs.
- If you have completed an info session, request an advising appointment with Jeff HERE.
- Tim White, Director of International Academic Initiatives, firstname.lastname@example.org
- Lead advisor for Fulbright, Gilman Scholarship, and Critical Language Scholarship applicants.
- Some availability to advise on academic year, semester, summer, and faculty-led programs.
- If you have completed an info session, request an advising appointment with Tim HERE.
- When you book with us using the Navigate links above, you will be sent the in-person location (Cole 349) or Zoom link. If there are any issues with your selected date/time, an advisor will reach out to you to reschedule. Thank you, and we look forward to advising you!