Generally, students who attended both Fall and Spring semester will not have remaining eligibility for federal aid in the summer. However, if you were not full-time both semesters, or you did not use all of your aid, you may be eligible for the remaining balance for your summer classes.
- If you have remaining Pell Grant Funds (you were enrolled less than full-time for either or both Fall and Spring), you do not have to complete any additional forms.
- If you have remaining federal student loan funds (did not borrow the maximum allowed for your grade level), you must complete the Summer Stafford Loan Request Form below. To determine if you have remaining loan eligibility, please refer to the chart below:
Undergraduate Annual Federal Loan Limits:
|Dependent Students||Independent Student OR Dependent Students with parents who are not eligible for PLUS loans|
|Academic Year||Maximum Federal Stafford (Sub/Unsub)||Maximum Federal Stafford Loans (Sub/Unsub/Additional Unsub)|
|1-29 Credits||$3,500/$2,000 = $5,500||$3,500/ $2,000/ $4,000 = $9,500|
|30-59 Credits||$4,500/$2,000 = $6,500||$4,500/ $2,000/ $4,000 = $10,500|
|60+ Credits||$5,500/$2,000 = $7,500||$5,500/ $2,000/ $4,000 = $12,500|
Graduate Annual Federal Loan Limits:
* $20,500 Unsubsidized Stafford for MA, PhD and students in specific graduate Certificate Programs.
* Maximum of $12,500 Unsubsidized Stafford for students in Teacher Certification Programs.
* Graduate PLUS Loans are limited to matriculated MA, PhD and specific Certificate Programs.
- If you are not eligible for federal Stafford student loan funds, you may explore the PLUS (Parent Loan for Undergraduate Students), GradPLUS (for graduate students) or private loans - see more information on our website.
- You must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits for undergrad, 4.5 for grad) to be elibigle for loan funds.
- If you withdraw from or cancel a class(es) and your enrollment drops to less than half-time, your loan will be cancelled and you will be responsible for the unpaid balance.
- If you do not complete your courses, you may lose all of your funding and you will owe the university.
- If you are not enrolled in any classes, you are not eligible to receive financial aid, even if you are living on campus. YOU MUST BE ENROLLED IN CLASSES FOR THE SUMMER IF YOU EXPECT TO RECEIVE EDUCATIONAL LOANS TO ASSIST WITH YOUR HOUSING CHARGES.
- Disbursement of aid will only occur on June 30th. You cannot rely on having your financial aid funds available to pay for other expenses (e.g rent, bills, etc.)
Approximate Cost of Attendance for the Summer term:
|Level||# of credits||# of weeks enrolled||Housing Status||Approximate TOTAL Cost|
|Graduate||6||8||Out of State||$ 9,636|
* There is no differential charge for in-state or out-of-state Undergraduate students for the summer.
Enrollment is verified to determine aid eligibility. Students registered in more credits or for more than 8 weeks during the summer may qualify for an increase in their estimated cost of attendance. Students registered for less than half-time are not eligible for federal student loans.