All charges (including but not limited to tuition, on-campus housing, meal plan and fees) are payable by the due date on your tuition bill available on NEST.
- Term invoices are mailed twice a month, on the 1st and 15th, to your Montclair State University email address. The invoice is an attachment to the message. All students must have an activated email address.
- Any adjustments to your schedule (e.g. adding or dropping courses, changing housing or meal plan) may affect your bill.
- Financial Aid may change based on your enrollment status.
- Recent Parent PLUS or private loan applications may or may not be reflected on this bill.
- Bills are issued on a semester basis (fall, winter, spring and summer).
- All students are responsible to adhere to all University deadlines.
- All resident students must have their bill paid in full, completed all financial aid requirements and/or have a payment plan established prior to move-in.
Finding and Paying Your Bill Via NEST
- Log into NEST using your University NetID and password.
- Navigate to the “Student Accounts” web page at the top right.
- Navigate to the “View My Bill” portlet and select “View Account Summary by Term.”
- Here you will see your statement based on your enrolled credits, fees, financial aid, meal plans and room and board if applicable.
- There is also a link included in the body of the email received bi-monthly with your invoice.
Due to the current pandemic, the Cashier’s Office is currently working a fluctuating schedule. The window will not be open daily. However, payments can still be mailed or made online via NEST.
Please Note: In extenuating circumstances, cash payments will be accepted by appointment only. Once a day and time is arranged, you may pay with cash at the Cashier’s Window. This is a restricted arrangement put in place due to the pandemic, do not assume the Cashier’s Window will be open if you do not have an appointment.
TouchNet is a web-based, real time service that will provide online, self-service access to the students account, billing history and allows you to make payment using your Visa, MasterCard, Discover, American Express cards (processing fee applies) or via an electronic payment from a checking or saving accounts (complimentary). TouchNet is available to you via NEST.
Free on-line checking/savings account payments are accepted through NEST. Students must sign on to NEST to process payment. Once payment is processed, a confirmation email will be sent to the student’s email address. The student’s account will then be immediately updated with the payment.
TouchNet Installment Payment Plan
Visit the Tuition Payment Plan web page for further information.
Online Payments Via NEST
Electronic Check (ECheck) or Credit/Debit Card
- All electronic check or credit/debit card payments must be made on NEST through TouchNet. Credit/Debit cards are NOT accepted at the Cashier’s Window.
- You may process ECheck payments at no additional cost.
- When paying with an ECheck please keep in mind that TD Bank customers cannot use a savings account; only a checking account.
- Please Note: A minimum balance of $0.75 is required in order to process online e-check payments
Credit/Debit Card (Processing Fee Applies)
- When paying by credit card there is a non-refundable convenience fee charged by our credit card servicer of 2.85% of your payment (there is a minimum payment of $.50 with a $3.00 fee when using a credit card).
- Prior to submitting your payment, a window will pop up showing the amount of the convenience fee; at this point you can cancel the payment. Once payment is submitted the fee is non-refundable.
Check or Money Order
Checks and money orders must be in US dollars, drawn on a US bank and must be made payable to “Montclair State University.” Payment must include the student’s CWID number to ensure credit to the student’s account. Post-dated checks (checks with future dates) cannot be accepted.
Due to social distancing and safety protocols the cashiers cannot be on campus every day. Credit/debit card and payment plan payments are accepted on NEST 24/7. We are accepting appointments for cash payments for extenuating circumstances only please send an email requesting an appointment to Student Accounts.
Although students are welcome to come in, we are still highly encouraging students to pay online via NEST.
- All students can drop a check or money order off to a 1-Stop / Red Hawk Central representative sitting at the front counter within the College Hall atrium without any type of appointment. Ensure your CWID is in the memo field.
- You may also mail your check or money order payment to the Cashier’s Office at:
- Montclair State University
- Attn: College Hall/Cashier’s Office
- 1 Normal Avenue
- Montclair, NJ 07043
All returned/rejected check (both paper and e-check) payments due to incorrect information (i.e. invalid account number, bank’s inability to locate account due to invalid routing/account number, non-sufficient funds, stop payments, etc.) will be will be assessed a $60.00 return check fee. Your initial payment will be reversed and holds will placed on the student account.
A subsequent payment must be made immediately by cash, certified check or credit card to avoid an interruption in your studies. Should payment not be made, you will be subject to late fees and financial holds.
Montclair State University reserves the right to deny accepting a check payment from a student who has numerous returned/rejected checks.