Official transcripts may be requested through the National Student Clearinghouse.
Two Ways to Request
There are currently two methods of delivery available to request your Montclair State University Transcript through the National Student Clearinghouse website.
A certified PDF document is sent within 72 hours to the email address you indicate. If you are notified of a hold the transcript will not be sent until the hold is released.
- There is a $3.90 processing fee for the electronic delivery of your eTranscript to each recipient’s email address.
- This electronic option is not available to students who attended the university prior to 1990. You must request a standard mail transcript.
- Be sure that the recipient of the transcript will accept the electronically delivered official eTranscript.
- You may submit up to three pages of accompanying documents that must be attached to your official eTranscripts. Third party documents will not be sent with your order. You will be presented the option of uploading those documents when placing your order. Please Note: Extra processing time is needed for additional documents included with your order.
You may request an official paper transcript on the NSC site if you prefer that to the electronic PDF copy.
- If you are notified of a hold your eTranscripts will not be sent until the hold is resolved.
- Please check NEST to determine if your grades have posted before submitting a request. Check to see if your degree has been posted on Degree Works in the header box before requesting.
Standard Mail Through the National Student Clearinghouse
The transcript will be mailed via regular first-class US Postal Service within 72 hours of receipt.
- There is a $5.75 processing fee.
- If you are notified of a hold your transcripts will not be sent until the hold is resolved.
If you attended before 1990:
- Please Note: While your request will be collected for processing, there will be a delay as indicated above in mailing these records.
Unofficial transcripts are available only to currently enrolled undergraduate students through NEST. Any transcripts requested through other means will be considered official until opened.
- Log into NEST.
- Navigate to the “Register for Classes” page.
- Select the ‘Unofficial Transcript’ link in the Registrar’s Office Tools portlet.