Construction is ongoing for the new combined heating, cooling, and power (CHCP) plant next to CarParc Diem. The installation of the precast concrete panels will be completed by Wednesday, November 21. Additionally, please be aware of the following:
- On Monday, November 19, the construction in parking Lot 17 will extend across Blanton Road cutting off vehicular traffic on Blanton Road. Please refer to the construction map for the current conditions.
- Webster Road behind the Red Hawk Diner and north of Lot 17 will be reopened.
- Delivery traffic and official vehicles will continue to access Webster Road from Yogi Berra Drive. They will proceed up Webster Road behind the Red Hawk Diner and turn left onto Quad Road to access the Student Center. They will also exit using the same route in reverse.
- There will continue to be a pedestrian traffic lane up Webster Road toward University Hall.
- The path across Lot 17 that travels up behind the Red Hawk Diner will be reopened.
- Pedestrian traffic coming up the stairs from CarParc Diem and Lot 25 will have to either turn right up Webster Road toward University Hall, left toward Blanton Hall or proceed through Lot 17 to the path that travels up behind the Red Hawk Diner.
- The installation of piping adjacent to the Speech Building is in progress and will continue to extend across toward Schmitt Hall. One of the north/south passageways will remain open between Life Hall and Schmitt Hall during the piping installation.
All roadways and pedestrian routes will be clearly marked so the campus community can navigate around the construction areas easily. All building will remain open and accessible.
We will continue to issue regular updates on the progress of the construction by email and on our website.
Thank you for your continued cooperation and support with our effort to improve the University infrastructure.
Click on an image below to enlarge photo.