The museum pass program is suspended during the current public health crisis (COVID-19).
The Library has museum passes available for our students, faculty and staff to enjoy. We currently have passes to the following museums:
- American Museum of Natural History
- International Center of Photography
- Intrepid Museum of Sea, Air and Space
- Montclair Art Museum
- Museum of the City of New York
- Newark Museum
- Only MSU students, faculty and staff with MSU ID cards may check-out passes.
- There is no charge for borrowing a pass.
- Passes must be reserved online and are available first come, first served. There is no waiting list, but you can check the calendar daily to see if there has been a cancellation.
- Only one pass may be checked out to you at a time. You can reserve museum passes from 4 (minimum) to 90 (maximum) days in advance.
- You may reserve one pass per museum during a 30 day period.
- Your library account must be in good standing to check out a pass — no fines/fees or overdue items.
- Passes may not be renewed.
- You will need your MSU ID card and a copy of your reservation confirmation (print or on your phone) to pick up your reserved museum pass.
- Disposable passes for the American Museum of Natural History may be picked up 1 (one) week in advance. All other passes may only be picked up at the Access Services Desk on the day of use or the evening before. If you wish to pick up the pass the evening before, please call 973-655-4288 first to ensure availability.
- The loan period is 3 days.
- If you need to cancel a reservation, use the link provided in your confirmation email to cancel a reservation.
- The American Museum of Natural History passes do not need to be returned. All other passes must be dropped off at the Access Services Desk before the service desk closes on the day that your reservation ends.
- Passes must be returned to the Access Services desk when the Library is open; DO NOT put return them in the 24 hour book drop.
- If a museum pass is not returned on time, the fine per day is $5.00. Patrons consistently late with returns may be blocked from borrowing passes.
- Lost passes will be assessed at the replacement rate determined by the museum, plus a $10.00 processing fee.
- A “No Show” is a failure to pick up a reserved museum pass, thereby preventing anyone else from using the pass during that time frame. Two “No Shows” will result in a block of Museum Pass borrowing privileges for 90 days.
For more information about the Sprague Library Museum Pass Program call the Access Services Department at 973-655-4288 or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.