Leadership at Montclair State University
"We develop leaders for today, while preparing them for tomorrow"
The Center for Leadership Development and Campus Connections (LDCC) provides students with opportunties to improve their understanding of leadership and the benefits of involvement. We also provide customized training and developmental workshops for campus departments.
- One-on-One Involvement Advising: Not sure where to start when it comes getting involved? Our office offers one-on-one advising sessions to match your past involvement, major, career path, to interests with an organization, leadership position, on-campus job, or club that suits you! Sign up online or stop by Student Center Room 104M (LDCC) to schedule an appointment.
- Peer-Facilitated Educational Workshops: The Peer Leadership Presenters offer monthly programs regarding leadership and personal/professional development. Check the events calendar for upcoming programs!
- The Co-Curricular Leadership Development Certificate Program: Created to provide students with leadership development opportunities that will support personal and professional development outside of the classroom (co-curricular). Through applying knowledge, students are developed to lead at Montclair State University and beyond. You can find more information by following this link: LDCP
- Minor in Leadership: The Leadership Development Through Civic Engagement Minor at Montclair State University is designed to offer students a diverse curriculum which integrates hands on leadership experiences. Information about the minor can be found here.
- Roundtable Organization Support: The leadership staff facilitates roundtable discussions regarding eboard challenges, recruitment, marketing, eboard meeting problems, member retention, and more! By engaging in an open discussion, group members can overcome conflicts and improve the coherence of their campus organization. If you would like to schedule an organization roundtable discussion, please complete this form: Roundtable Request
- Leadership and Involvement Information Tables: Get involved on campus! Find out where to begin by visiting one of our information tables in the Student Center held weekly by peer students. Check the events calendar for our information table schedule!
- Walk-In Leadership Center: Stop by our NEW Leadership Development and Campus Connections Office in Student Center 104M for resources, one-on-one involvement & leadership discussions, educational development programs, and to meet the leadership office staff!
- Leadership Paid and Non-Paid Positions: Obtaining a student leadership position will help you develop essential collaborative skills and valuable employment experiences from which you will benefit both on and off campus. Find a Leadership Position on Campus here!