Dual Enrollment Transfer Agreement For Educational Foundations for Elementary Teachers Major
Students from Bergen Community College who apply through the 2+2 Program for the Educational Foundations for Elementary Teachers major, now have the opportunity to be admitted into Montclair State’s Teacher Education Program.
- Associate of Science Degree in Education or Early Childhood Education
- Content area competency and demonstrated oral and written communication skills
- 3.0 cumulative GPA from all previously attended institutions
- Students must have met/exceed the minimum passing scores for the ACT, SAT or Praxis Core exams prior to applying to the Teacher Education Program. Please note that the passing standardized test scores for entry into a teacher preparation program are determined by the State of New Jersey and may be subject to change.
- ACT: A score at or above English 23; Math 23 (if taken on or after 8/28/1989). If the test was taken on or before 8/28/1989, the qualifying test scores are: English 20 and Math 23.
- SAT: A score at or above Evidenced Based Reading and Writing 610 (or a 30 in Reading section); Math 570 (if taken on or after 3/1/2016). If the test was taken between 4/1/1995 and 2/28/2016, the qualifying scores are: Reading 560 and Math 540. If the test was taken on or before 4/1/1995, the qualifying test scores are: Reading 480 and Math 520.
- Praxis Core: A score at or above Reading 156, Writing 162, Math 150. If the Praxis Core was taken prior to June 2014 (PPST /Praxis I), the qualifying scores are: Reading 175, Writing 173, Math 174.
- Fill out our online survey to indicate your interest in this program.
- If you are ready to transfer to Montclair State next semester, apply online.
- Submit the following required materials:
- Official transcripts from all previously attended colleges or universities
- Passing scores for SAT, ACT or Praxis
- One letter of recommendation from a professor in an education course or an education prerequisite course
- Admissions Essay
- In 500 words or less, tell us why you would like to become a teacher. What experiences have motivated you to choose this career path? Please use the Montclair State Portrait of a Teacher to help guide you with the writing of this essay.
- Participate in a required interview and impromptu writing sample with Teacher Education
If you have questions about the Montclair State 2+2 Program or if you have any issues with your survey, please email us at email@example.com.
- Spring Admission
- November 15th
- Fall Admission
- April 15th
Please note: If students do not complete their applications by the deadline, they will not be considered for the Teacher Education Program, but may still be admissible to the Educational Foundations for Elementary Teachers program.
For more information about the Teacher Education program, contact the Office of Teacher Education Admissions, Recruitment and Diversity by email at TEadmissions@montclair.edu, by phone at 973-655-7696, or by visiting Teacher Education Student Services, University Hall, Suite 1180.
Read more about the Montclair State University and Bergen Community College Teacher Education agreement.