Our Undergraduate Admissions team has been working hard to provide virtual experiences and opportunities for you and your family to learn more about Montclair State, engage with faculty and staff, and get a sense of our welcoming community at Red Hawk Country. We’ve also extended some deadlines:
- Our Application Deadline for Freshmen Students is now May 1, 2020 and our Transfer Student Application Deadline is now June 1, 2020.
- Our Deposit Deadline is now June 1, 2020, to afford you more time to evaluate your options and complete your college search process.
- Please note that the Bachelor of Science in Nursing and the Education Opportunity Fund Program are space-limited. Should these programs meet capacity prior to the June 1 extended deadline and before you submit your deposit, you may be offered admission to a different program.
- The Housing Application and Housing Deposit Deadline is now June 1, 2020.
We understand that the beginning of your college journey is a very exciting time, so we’d like to provide you with an update on all the new opportunities we’ve prepared and are working on for you to experience Montclair State!
What’s available now:
- Live Chat – We’ve implemented a live chat feature on our Admissions Homepage. Here, you’ll be able to connect with an actual admissions staff member and have all your questions answered in real time. If you’ve already chatted with our Rocky Bot, make sure to click the three dots at the top of the chat screen and select “Restart Conversation” – this will allow you to start a Live Chat. (This is currently staffed Monday – Friday 8:30 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.)
- Virtual Tour – Our Virtual Tour video will let you discover our “wow” factor and see where our students are inspired to succeed every day.
- Admissions Telecounseling – Our Freshmen and Transfer Admissions Counselors are available for 30-minute telecounseling sessions via phone, online chat, or web conference! When you sign up, you’ll select your preferred date and time and provide a brief description of what you’d like to talk about to ensure our counselors are prepared to help you and your family. Sign Up for an Admissions Telecounseling Appointment today!
- Financial Aid Telecounseling – Our Financial Aid Counselors are available for 20-minute telecounseling sessions via phone, online chat, or web conference! Sign Up for a Financial Aid Telecounseling Appointment today!
What’s coming soon:
- Online Accepted Student Day – Have you been accepted? See what being a Red Hawk is all about through our new virtual Accepted Student Day! You’ll learn about financing your education, explore student clubs and organizations, view academic presentations, learn about residence and campus life, and more! Additional details of this virtual experience will be provided in April.
- Interactive Campus Map – This map will bring our campus to life in the comfort of your home. You’ll be able to view our buildings, landmarks and get a look into the surrounding vibrant city of Montclair, NJ. Additional details of our Interactive Campus Map will be provided in April.
We are also here to support you if you are currently engaged in distance learning in your high school. Here are some resources we’ve compiled for our Red Hawks that we recommend to help you with online learning:
- Tips for Success — A message to Montclair State students as they begin online coursework
How to Succeed in Online Classes — Advice from One of Your Professors
We are very thankful for your patience as we all navigate through this situation together and are thrilled that you are interested in joining us in Red Hawk Country! If you have any questions at all, please do not hesitate to contact us at 973-655-4444 or email@example.com.
Montclair State University is committed to the safety and well-being of our students, faculty, and staff. Please visit the University’s Coronavirus website for the most up-to-date information about the University’s response to COVID-19.