Working closely with other offices providing faculty development across the University, the Office for Faculty Engagement and Advancement supports excellence in all areas of academic life for Montclair State University faculty members.
News and Opportunities
- Teaching with Technology SIG Upcoming WebinarsMonday February 17, 2020
- Fostering Belonging and Intercultural Engagement Through Contemplative PracticesMonday February 10, 2020
- 4th Annual STAR SymposiumMonday February 10, 2020
Upcoming Events Spring 2020
- February 25 – Spring 2020 Reading Group – selected teaching, learning, and professional development articles read and discussed in a monthly gathering of colleagues. VOTE NOW! and Learn more on our reading and book discussions page.
- February 27 – The Lived Experience of Students: Perspective from Student Life – presented by Dr. Karen Pennington, Vice President, SDCL, Yolanda Alvarez, Associate Dean, Margaree Colman-Carter, Dean of Students, Jim Anderson, Director of Financial Aid. Register now and learn more on our events page.
- March 4 – Coffee & Cookies: Teaching Strategies for Large Classes: from Political Science to Earth and Environmental Science – with Tony Spanakos, Political Science, and Josh Galster, Earth & Environmental Studies. Register now and learn more on our events page.
- March 12 – Supporting the Well-being of Students of Color – presented by Dr. David Rivera, national advisor to The Steve Fund and associate professor of Counselor Education at Queens College-CUNY, is a counseling psychologist by training. Register here.
- March 18 – Lunch & Learn: Building a Tougher Student: Applying the Research on Intellectual Development – a Magna Pubs webinar, facilitated by Julie Dalley, OFA. Register here now.
- Featured Event! March 18 – The Provost’s on University Teaching and Learning presents
Strategies for Hiring and Retaining Diverse Faculty: Best Practices in Higher Education
with special guest Dr. Arlene Torres, Associate Professor
Department of Africana, Puerto Rican/Latino Studies, Hunter College. RSVP NOW!
- March 18 – Cultivating Your Scholarship: A Program for Faculty of Color – with Early Light Supper. Register here now.
- April 1 or 2 – Sharing your Expertise with the Public: News Media Training for Faculty – presented by Bond Benton, Associate Professor, School of Communications and Media; Joe Brennan, VP, Communications & Marketing. Register here now
- See all upcoming events and programs by visiting our events page.
Course Hero, once vilified by the faculty, courts professors as its footprint and valuation grow… https://t.co/U7LXD1QQB6— The Office for Faculty Advancement MSU (@MSU_Faculty) date here
What We’re All About
The Office for Faculty Advancement (OFA) promotes faculty excellence in teaching and learning, scholarship, leadership, and university citizenship. Developed out of the University’s teaching and learning center (RAUL), the Office of Faculty Advancement will retain its primary focus on excellence in teaching and learning while expanding to support faculty development in the areas of scholarship, leadership, and university citizenship.
Primary functions of the OFA:
- Sponsorship of programs and services that further faculty advancement in teaching, research, and university citizenship,
- Development and maintenance of a clearinghouse and collaborative referral network to effectively guide faculty to programs, offices and informational sources that support their advancement.
- Development of new initiatives, including, tool and programs to support new faculty; curricula and program development, diversity and inclusion goals, data analytics for student success, research and teaching success, and career management.