Working closely with other offices providing faculty development across the University, the Office for Faculty Engagement and Advancement supports excellence in all areas of academic life for Montclair State University faculty members.
News and Opportunities
- Update from CAPS: Report from the CAPS frontline and new resources for studentsMonday March 30, 2020
- Adjunct Faculty to Adjunct Faculty: Teaching while Coping with COVID with Reba WissnerMonday March 30, 2020
- Drop-In Teaching Support with Julie DalleyMonday March 30, 2020
Upcoming Events Spring 2020 –
all sessions are remote access.
- April 6 @ 2:30pm – Update from CAPS: Report from the CAPS frontline and new resources for students – click on the title to learn more and to access remote Zoom session instructions.
- April 7 @ 1pm – Active Learning in Remote Synchronous Class Meetings: Advanced Teaching Strategies for Student Engagement and Learning – click on the title to learn more and to access remote Zoom session instructions.
- April 8 @ 6:30pm – Adjunct to Adjunct Support: Sharing Strategies, Sharing Stories – click on the title to learn more and to access remote Zoom session instructions.
- April 9 @ 2:30pm – Student Support Services – click on the title to learn more and to access remote Zoom session instructions.
- Please visit our comprehensive resources page for topic-area materials and information.
As Covid-19 Erases Line Between Work and Home, Professors Learn to Teach Remotely While Watching Their Kids… https://t.co/HCJUmYKTcC— The Office for Faculty Advancement MSU (@MSU_Faculty) date here
What We’re All About
The Office for Faculty Advancement (OFA) promotes faculty excellence in teaching and learning, scholarship, leadership, and university citizenship. Developed out of the University’s teaching and learning center (RAUL), the Office of Faculty Advancement will retain its primary focus on excellence in teaching and learning while expanding to support faculty development in the areas of scholarship, leadership, and university citizenship.
Primary functions of the OFA:
- Sponsorship of programs and services that further faculty advancement in teaching, research, and university citizenship,
- Development and maintenance of a clearinghouse and collaborative referral network to effectively guide faculty to programs, offices and informational sources that support their advancement.
- Development of new initiatives, including, tool and programs to support new faculty; curricula and program development, diversity and inclusion goals, data analytics for student success, research and teaching success, and career management.