The Office for Faculty Advancement (OFA) promotes faculty excellence in teaching and learning, scholarship, leadership, and university citizenship through:
- Sponsorship of programs and services that further faculty advancement in teaching, research, and university citizenship,
- Development and maintenance of a clearinghouse and collaborative referral network to effectively guide faculty to programs, offices, and informational sources that support their advancement.
- Development of new initiatives, including, tools and programs to support new faculty; curricula and program development, diversity and inclusion goals, data analytics for student success, research and teaching success, and career management.
The Office for Faculty Advancement is greatly supported by the Teaching Principles Committee, chaired by Kathleen Kelly and comprised of faculty expert and accomplished in teaching from across the University.
The 2020 HawkFlex modalities of instruction support the instructional needs of students, faculty, and programs within the challenging environment of the COVID-19 pandemic. The instructional modalities available in HawkFlex enable faculty and students to be flexible, prepared, and supported in various teaching and learning situations; and, while developed during the COVID-19 pandemic, they are intended to be enduring, available post-COVID-19.
Dutch education minister wants academics to have weekends https://t.co/FgvNBX32DE— The Office for Faculty Advancement MSU (@MSU_Faculty) date here
News and Opportunities
- Announcing the Disability CaucusTuesday September 29, 2020
- Student Communication List Serv for Faculty and StaffWednesday September 2, 2020
- Announcing HawkFlex Faculty Interest Groups - Fall 2020Tuesday September 1, 2020