What We’re All About
The Office for Faculty Advancement (OFA) promotes faculty excellence in teaching and learning, scholarship, leadership, and university citizenship. Developed out of the University’s teaching and learning center (RAUL), the Office of Faculty Advancement will retain its primary focus on excellence in teaching and learning while expanding to support faculty development in the areas of scholarship, leadership, and university citizenship.
Working closely with other offices providing faculty development across the University, the Office for Faculty Engagement and Advancement supports excellence in all areas of academic life for Montclair State University faculty members.
Primary functions of the OFA:
- Sponsorship of programs and services that further faculty advancement in teaching, research, and university citizenship,
- Development and maintenance of a clearinghouse and collaborative referral network to effectively guide faculty to programs, offices and informational sources that support their advancement.
- Development of new initiatives, including, tool and programs to support new faculty; curricula and program development, diversity and inclusion goals, data analytics for student success, research and teaching success, and career management.
News and Opportunities
- FY2021 Internal Awards Applications and GuidelinesThursday January 16, 2020
- Special Projects - MIGHTTuesday December 17, 2019
- Opportunity for Montclair State Faculty: ELEVATE 2020Thursday December 12, 2019
Upcoming Events Spring 2020
- January 28 – Spring 2020 Reading Group – selected teaching, learning, and professional development articles read and discussed in a monthly gathering of colleagues. Learn more on our reading and book discussions page.
- February 4 – Designing Effective Research Assignments (workshop) – facilitated by the OFA and Sprague Library, Julie Dalley and Catherine Baird. Register now and learn more on our events page.
- February 6 – Active Learning: Write to Learn in Class (workshop) – facilitated by Emily Isaacs and Ron Brooks. Register now and learn more on our events page.
- February 12 – Lunch & Learn: Visible Thinking Routines (workshop) – facilitated by Helenrose Fives. Register now and learn more on our events page.
- See all upcoming events and programs by visiting our events page.
Student Voices: Hearing and Supporting Native/Indigenous Students https://t.co/9bm3aKcQmr— The Office for Faculty Advancement MSU (@MSU_Faculty) date here