Supporting all faculty, adjunct faculty to full professors, in teaching & learning, career advancement, and leadership development
News and Opportunities
- Teaching summer bridge: What faculty need to know, June 28Thursday June 16, 2022
- The Basics of Synchronous Summer Teaching, June 22Tuesday June 14, 2022
- Meaningful redesign for troublesome moments in teaching: Conference Page, June 15Monday June 13, 2022
- We’d rather be at the beach: Engaging summer students in-person and on zoom, June 23Wednesday June 8, 2022
- BIPOC Faculty and Staff: Making Room for Emancipatory (Summer) Writing, June 8-29thThursday June 2, 2022
- Workshops for summer faculty: Managing long sessions, Syllabus conversion, Sync & AsyncThursday April 28, 2022
Teaching at MSU 101
The workshop covers: navigating MSU, COVID considerations, planning your course, and writing your syllabus and other essential course design elements.
Updated January, 2022.
Syllabus Assignment Review
OFA is offering instructors a “no-judgment, just help” assignment review and revision service for faculty teaching in any discipline.
Updated June, 2022.
Essential Teaching Resources
Find information here on course set-up, tips for online and on campus, plus tools and resources to adopt.
New or revised content
- Video Recording of Tuesday, May 31: Teaching summer bridge: What faculty need to know. (In University’s Panopto, for which a netID is required)
Download the presentation: Summer Bridge 2022 (PDF)
- Video Recording of Wednesday, April 20: Performance lecture: Supporting BIPOC faculty beyond representation by Gregory King (In University’s Panopto, for which a netID is required).
- President Koppell’s Tuition-and-Fees-Hearing-Slide-Deck. 4.13.22 — review the data that demonstrates how Montclair has long been at the bottom in per-student funding from the state. Is a call to your legislator in order?
- Video recording of Tuesday, May 24 OFA session: Grants Primer from the Office of Sponsored Programs (In University’s Panopto, for which a netID is required).
- Video recording of Friday, May 6 OFA session: Teaching in the Summer Asynchronously (In University’s Panopto, for which a netID is required).
- Video recording of Friday, Apr 1 OFA session: News Media 201: How to write opinion pieces (In University’s Panopto, for which a netID is required).
- Academic honesty and student cheating: — tips and recommend strategies
Join our mailing list for news and discussion! Click the button below to go to the Montclair State University Sympa lists page, login with your Montclair State NetId and Password, scroll down to subscribe to “faculty-advancement” list.
OFA Event: Summer writing group on Thursday, June 30, 2022 from 9:00am - 10:30am. https://t.co/dzLsugj2bF… https://t.co/SLNGHvvsxB— Office for Faculty Advancement (OFA), MSU (@MSU_Faculty) date here
The Office for Faculty Advancement (OFA) promotes faculty excellence in teaching and learning, scholarship, leadership, and university citizenship through: sponsorship of programs and services that further faculty advancement in teaching, research, and university citizenship; development and maintenance of a clearinghouse and collaborative referral network to effectively guide faculty to programs, offices, and informational sources that support their advancement; and, development of new initiatives, including, tools and programs to support new faculty; curricula and program development, diversity and inclusion goals, data analytics for student success, research and teaching success, and career management.
The Office for Faculty Advancement is greatly supported by the Advisory Council, chaired by Kathleen Kelley, and comprised of faculty experts accomplished in teaching from across the University.
Updated 06.22.22 AK