Admissions Merit Scholarships: Available to first-time, full-time freshmen only.
Merit Scholarships are awarded at the time of admission. The review and qualification process considers your high school GPA, the rigor of your academic coursework, standardized test scores (if submitted with your admissions application), and other information already included in your admissions application. No separate application is required.
Though there is no minimum GPA or SAT/ACT requirement for Merit Scholarship eligibility, successful recipients typically possess a 3.55 or higher GPA (on an un-weighted 4.0 scale) in an academically rigorous curriculum.
The following is a list of outside scholarship/grant search engines:
- Financial Aid Scholarship Database -- A rotating list of scholarships that have been sent to the Financial Aid office.
- American Association of University Women Educational Foundation -- Fellowships, grants, and awards provided by the AAUW.
- College Aid Sources for Higher Education -- Scholarship search provided by Sallie Mae. You must have an e-mail address to receive the results of your search.
- College Board Scholarship Search -- Enter information about yourself and search for relevant scholarships.
- College Scholarships -- Scholarship search engine.
- Fastweb.com -- Scholarship search engine, with listings totaling more than $1 billion.
- Free Financial Aid Search -- Scholarship search and other financial aid information.
- Hispanic College Fund -- Scholarship program for Hispanic Students.
- Gates Millennium Scholars Program -- A program that provides scholarships and fellowships to African-American, Native American, Hispanic American, and Asian-Pacific American students.
- Latino College Dollars -- Scholarships for Latino Students.
- National Science Foundation -- Programs supported by the National Science Foundation.
- For students receiving Pell grants, there are new scholarships for you to apply to so you can study abroad. Please visit these websites for more information:
- Point Foundation -- Scholarships for LGBT Students.
- Scholarship Scams -- A guide to common scholarship scams, consumer information, and protection.
- StudentScholarshipSearch.com -- Scholarship search engine.
- Super College Scholarship Search -- Free scholarship search and information to help students get into and pay for college.
- CHEGG Scholarship Search Database -- Free Scholarship search and information database.
- GoodCall -- Scholarship search engine.
- Money Geek -- Scholarships for Women Guide
- Money Geek -- Scholarships for Asian Students
- Money Geek -- Scholarships for Black Students
- Money Geek -- Scholarships for Native American Students
- ezDinero Latino Scholarship Fund --Scholarship for Latino Students