Russ Hall was built in 1915 and served as the first residential facility of the State Normal School at Montclair, now of course known as Montclair State University. Converted at one point to an administrative building and then later renovated back to a residence hall, Russ Hall provides suite-style accommodations for approximately 100 students.
There are approximately two Resident Assistants living on each floor and a 24 hour staff of desk assistants at the front desk.
Russ Hall is operational year-round and is home to several members of the international student living-learning community.
Please note that the room layout shown below represents a general building floor plan. Some rooms may differ from this layout.
Typical Russ Hall Suite-Style Room (varies)
- 3 residential floors
- Single, Double or Triple rooms
- 2 Lounges on each floor
- Laundry Facilities
- Full kitchen on first floor for community use
Russ Hall Room Features:
- Independently controlled air conditioning and heat
- Single or Bunked beds
- Desk with chair
- Wardrobe closets
- Individual internet and University network access
- Wired for 78 cable TV channels including HBO, ESPN, and MTV