Constructed in 1955, Stone Hall remains one of Montclair State’s oldest residence halls. Reopened in 2016 after renovation, Stone Hall houses approximately 125 residents in traditional rooms of singles, doubles and triples and share a community bathroom on gender-specific floors and captures a scenic view of the New York City skyline. Five Resident Assistants live in Stone Hall and Service Assistants keep the front desk operational 24 hours a day.
Stone Hall Double Room Layout
Please note that the room layout shown represents a general building floor plan. Some rooms may differ from this layout.
Click on an image below to enlarge photo.
- Extra-long twin bed
- Wardrobe closet
- 3-drawer dresser
- Individual internet and University network access, WiFi
- Wired for over 100 HD cable TV channels
- 2 residential floors
- 1 laundry room in the basement
- Service desk staffed 24 hours per day in lobby
- Community lounge with TV and pool table
- Outdoor patios with seating
- Building HVAC notes:
- Air conditioning – air conditioning is provided from mid-Spring through mid-Fall, do note air conditioning is not provided outside of this time period.
- Heat – heat is provided mid-Fall through mid-Spring, do note heat is not provided outside of this time period.
- Each room has a thermostat to control their HVAC unit individually.