On the northwest corner of campus on Clove Road sits the Village, an apartment-style complex consisting of four residential buildings housing approximately 850 upperclassmen and graduate residents. Each residential building has five stories with a Resident Assistant housed on every floor per building. A residence dining meal plan is not required for those living in the apartment communities. Shuttle bus service is provided for easy access throughout the campus community.
The Village Room Layouts
The Village Apartments double layout with three bedrooms, two bathrooms and a shared kitchen and living room.
The Village Apartments Single layout with four bedrooms, two bathrooms and a shared kitchen and living room.
Click on an image below to enlarge photo.
- 4 residence halls, 5 floors each
- Alice Paul Hall
- Count Basie Hall
- Millicent Fenwick Hall
- William Carlos Williams Hall
- 1 administrative building – Abbott and Costello
- 2 elevators per building
- 1 laundry room per floor, per building
- Community kitchen per building
- Community lounge per building with TV and pool tables
- Outdoor pool (open May – September)
- Outdoor half basketball court
- Home to the University Police Department substation
- 2 types of apartment layouts:
- A, B, C, G, H, I apartments – 1 double room, 2 single rooms per apartment
- D, E, F, J, K apartments – 4 single rooms per apartment
- Living room
- 2 living room chairs
- 1 couch
- 2 living room end tables
- 1 TV/entertainment stand
- Common area closet
- Full-sized refrigerator
- Kitchen island
- 2 full bathrooms
- WiFi internet access
- Living room wired for over 100 HD cable TV channels
- Apartment HVAC notes:
- Air conditioning – air conditioning is provided from mid-Spring through mid-Fall in the living room HVAC unit, do note air conditioning is not provided outside of this time period.
- Heat – heat is provided mid-Fall through mid-Spring in the living room HVAC unit, do note heat is not provided outside of this time period.
- The living room HVAC unit has a thermostat to control the unit individually.
- Extra-long twin bed
- Wardrobe closet
- 3-drawer dresser
- Individual internet and University network access, WiFi
- Wired for over 100 HD cable TV channels
- Bedroom HVAC notes:
- Air conditioning – air conditioning is provided from mid-Spring through mid-Fall, do note air conditioning is not provided outside of this time period.
- Heat – heat is provided mid-Fall through mid-Spring, do note heat is not provided outside of this time period.
- Each room/resident has a thermostat to control their HVAC unit individually (double bedrooms have 2 HVAC units).