2023 Summer Hiring
- Campus Recreation is hiring for the summer!
- We want qualified staff to work during the summer at our 3 facilities on campus.
- Not certified? We can train you!
- If you work full-time, we provide housing for free at the Village apartments!
All employees must be current students, registered for Fall 2023. Incoming students can be hired starting July 1st. We offer part-time and full-time hours at both indoor and outdoor facilities. We will work around class schedules, but all staff must be able to work a minimum of 14 hours (part-time), and 32 hours (full-time). The full-time staff gets free housing in the Village.
Currently certified lifeguards – we accept all major certifications, and can recertify you for free.
Summer Lifeguard Employment Form
Non-certified students – Students that are not currently certified can take a pretest for free before you register for a lifeguard training course. If you pass the pretest and can work a minimum of 14 hours per week for the summer (average), than we will certify you for free. If you can work full-time, we may also be able to offer free housing for the summer (space is limited, so this option is first-come, first-serve).
Open Swim Hours – Spring 2023
The Student Recreation Center Pool has returned to general open swim for students, faculty, staff, and alumni members. No reservation is required. Locker rooms and showers are available for use.
- Monday – Thursday: 6 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- Friday: 6 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m. – 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday: 8 a.m. – 11:00 p.m.
- All patrons must still abide by Student Recreation Center regulations. In order to enter the facility, you will be required to show:
- A valid Montclair State University I.D.
Information about Student Recreation Center memberships can be found on our Memberships web page.
The Village Pool
The Village Pool has returned to general open swim for students, faculty, staff, and alumni members. No reservation is required.
- Monday – Sunday:
- 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Free Swim Lessons – For Montclair State University Students
- FREE Swim Lessons for Montclair State Students can be scheduled one-on-one or in small groups with our trained instructors.
- Lessons are not only for beginners! They are also for anyone who wants to:
- Improve their skill
- Learn a new stroke
- Add lap swimming to their exercise routine
- Check out our free swim promo video.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin scheduling your lessons!
If you have any questions about Campus Recreation’s Aquatics Department, please call 973-655-3349.