Open Swim Hours – Fall 2023
The Student Recreation Center Pool has returned to general open swim for students, faculty, staff, and alumni members. No reservation is required. Locker rooms and showers are available for use.
- Monday – Thursday: 6 a.m. – 11 p.m.
- Friday: 6 a.m.- 10 p.m.
- Saturday: 8 a.m.- 10 p.m.
- Sunday: 8 a.m.- 11 p.m.
- All patrons must still abide by Student Recreation Center regulations. In order to enter the facility, you will be required to show:
- A valid Montclair State University I.D.
Information about Student Recreation Center memberships can be found on our Memberships web page.
Campus Recreation is hiring for the Spring 24 Semester!
We want motivated and responsible students to work at Campus Rec this Spring.
Need a certification? We can train you!
All employees must be current students, registered for Spring 2024. We offer part-time hours during the academic year and full time hours during the winter/summer. We will work around class schedules, but all staff must be able to work a minimum of 10 hours (part-time), and 32 hours (full-time). Full time staff get free housing at the Village of the summer.
Currently certified lifeguards – we accept all major certifications, and can recertify you for free.
Non-certified students – Students that are not currently certified can take a pretest for free, before you register for a lifeguard training course. If you pass the pretest, then we will certify you for free. If you can work full-time, we may also be able to offer free housing for the summer (space is limited, so this option is first-come, first-serve).
Please Fill out this interest form: https://forms.gle/NvHcoVgCMU5fLWcY6
The Village Pool
The Village Pool has returned to general open swim for students, faculty, staff, and alumni members. No reservation is required.
- Monday – Sunday:
- 11 a.m. – 7 p.m.
Free Swim Lessons – For Montclair State University Students
- FREE Swim Lessons for Montclair State Students can be scheduled one-on-one or in small groups with our trained instructors.
- Lessons are not only for beginners! They are also for anyone who wants to:
- Improve their skill
- Learn a new stroke
- Add lap swimming to their exercise routine
- Check out our free swim promo video.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org to begin scheduling your lessons!
If you have any questions about Campus Recreation’s Aquatics Department, please call 973-655-3349.