At the time of registration at Montclair State University, every student is required to accept the Montclair State University Financial Agreement for each semester or term. If the Agreement is declined, registration and further access to the payment gateway will be prohibited. At the time of enrollment I understand when I register for any class or classes at Montclair State University or receive any service from Montclair State University, I accept full responsibility for remitting payment by the posted deadline date. This includes but is not limited to tuition, mandatory student fees, room and board, health insurance, residence hall, parking fines, late fees, and other special fees assessed to my account.
I understand and agree I am responsible for dropping/withdrawing from courses I do not plan to attend. I understand and agree if I drop or withdraw from some or all of the classes for which I register, I will be responsible for paying all or a portion of the charges in accordance with the published refund schedule, which specifies 100 percent adjustment is only available for courses dropped prior to the end of Add/Drop period. I further understand my failure to attend class or review a bill does not absolve me of my financial responsibility as described above. I understand my registration is only complete upon full funding of my courses.
I understand Montclair State corresponds electronically with students using the official University email address. All students are responsible for regularly reading important information sent to the University email account and for taking action on any significant communications sent to that address.
At the time of registration for any semester at which time a balance due is incurred at Montclair State University, every student is required to accept the Student Financial Agreement. If the agreement is declined, further access to the payment gateway will be prohibited.
As a Montclair State University student, I acknowledge and agree:
- I am personally responsible for remitting payment by the posted deadline to Montclair State University for any enrollment resulting from my registration for classes. This includes but is not limited to tuition, mandatory student fees, room and board, health insurance, residence hall, parking fines, late fees, and other special fees assessed to my account.
- Enrollment at Montclair State University constitutes a contractual financial obligation to pay tuition and fees for classes in which I am enrolled. I further understand my financial obligations are due by the University set due date each semester. Non-attendance is not withdrawal.
- I am fully responsible to provide the University with any/all third party paperwork by the established deadline which may be used to defer and/or pay for my tuition/fees. This includes but is not limited to tuition reimbursement paperwork, unemployment waivers, older adult waiver, and employee waivers etc.
- I understand bills will not be mailed. I will receive an email notification when my billing statement is available to view online. Statements are located online through NEST.
- I understand I have the option and am responsible for authorizing and adding a third party to view my bill via the TouchNet Portal. Authorized users can view student account activity and make payments. To protect the privacy of all users, students and their authorized users cannot see or use each other’s saved payment methods.
- I am responsible for all dishonored payments that have been presented on my behalf. I understand if a payment is returned by the bank for any reason, the Office of Student Accounts will charge a $60.00 returned check fee onto my account. In addition, access to Canvas may be interrupted, late fee may be incurred, enrollment may be canceled, and full payment in the form of cash, money order or certified check may be required for future charges.
- I understand a past due balance will result in a financial hold, which prevents future registrations as well as other services being offered in accordance with college policy. I understand and agree that Montclair State University will withhold transcripts, diplomas, and other services until all outstanding balances have been satisfied in full.
- Upon completing a Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA), financial aid funds automatically pay all charges incurred on my student account unless I deny my loans.
- Once all my financial aid is applied to my student account, I am responsible to pay any charges still outstanding and new charges by the due date or immediately of registration occurs after the established due date.
- If federal, institutional financial aid or third party payment is either not received by Montclair State University or I lose my eligibility to retain financial aid for the semester, I assume 100% responsibility for paying all student obligations.
- Failure to pay my account prior on or before the due date subjects me to late fees, holds, Canvas deactivation, removal from housing and deregistration. I further understand, there will be option to re-register should I be dropped from my courses.
- It is my responsibility to know the University’s drop and withdraw policy including deadlines. It is also my responsibility to drop or withdraw myself from my classes. My failure to drop or withdraw in a timely manner does NOT relieve me from my financial responsibility to the University for tuition and fees. I assume 100% responsibility for any penalty in withdrawing after the established deadline.
- If I enroll in classes or my advisor enrolls me in classes and I do not attend/withdraw and or drop these classes, I assume 100% responsibility for any penalty in withdrawing after the established deadline.
- If I drop, withdraw, graduate, or do not return to the University, it is my responsibility to update my address, phone number, and email address.
- If I have a student Direct Subsidized/Unsubsidized Loan, Perkins Loans I am responsible for completing the required exit counseling upon leaving the university.
- If I have a University outstanding balance, holds are placed on my account and I will not be able to enroll in future semesters nor receive an academic transcript or diploma.
- If I have an unpaid balance to the University and do not make satisfactory payment arrangements with the University, my account will be placed with an external collection agency. I will be assessed collection fees (up to 50% of the original debt), legal costs and attorney fees. This will result in jeopardizing my credit rating on a local and/or national level by being reported to all three credit bureau’s (Equifax, TransUnion, and Experian).
- Montclair State University will also exercise the right to request a state tax refund to offset any outstanding debt.
- I authorize the University and their respective agents and contractors to contact me regarding my student account at the current or any future number that I provide for my cellular phone or other wireless device using automated telephone dialing equipment or artificial or pre-recorded voice or text messages.
- This agreement constitutes a continuing agreement obligating me to pay all outstanding balances due the College.
I understand by registering for courses to attend Montclair State University, I am agreeing to all terms and conditions set forth herein above and agree to the incorporation of any other related documents. By clicking on the I Accept button, I enter into the Student Financial Agreement with full knowledge of its legal implications and without coercion and/or promises made to me by Montclair State University. I also agree and acknowledge that prior to agreeing to this Agreement, I had the right and option to discuss the terms and conditions herein with an Office of Student Accounts representative or a private attorney at my