Montclair State University offers a payment plan processed through TouchNet, which students can access through NEST.
All students are responsible for ensuring their contracts are correct and payments are up to date. As your bill changes, the TouchNet payment plan will be automatically adjusted.
- Students can enroll for one (1) semester at a time and may have one (1) active plan per semester.
- This plan is interest free and available for a modest fee.
- This is NOT a loan. Students MUST satisfy their previous balance prior to enrollment. If your previous balance exceeds $100.00, enrollment is prohibited.
Please note, the TouchNet 3-month payment plan has been extended to April 24th. Enrollment is completed online via NEST. In an effort to assist you during these difficult times, students will not be charged the $30 enrollment fee and effective March 9, 2020 the $25.00 late payment fees will be removed.
Change date on one of the installments:
3 payments $400.00 January 2 – April 24 Varies Per Student. See Agreement Schedule.
The First Payment (Down Payment) is due upon sign up.
|Payment Plan||Minimum Balance Required||Enrollment Period & Down Payment||Installment Due|
|5 payments||$400.00||January 2 – January 29||Varies Per Student. See Agreement Schedule.|
|4 payments||$400.00||January 2 – February 29||Varies Per Student. See Agreement Schedule.|
|3 payments||$400.00||January 2 – March 29||Varies Per Student. See Agreement Schedule.|
- Log into NEST, select the Student Accounts tab (upper right hand corner) and select the “Payment Plans” link.
- Follow the instructions to enroll in the payment plan through TouchNet:
- Select Enroll Now
- Select a plan
Example 1: 5 Month Payment Plan
Example 2: 4 Month Payment Plan
Example 3: 3 Month Payment Plan
- Initiate Payment
- Payment Methods: Once a payment plan is established, you must make payment online directly through the TouchNet Payment Plan Portal. Do not make payments directly to Montclair State University through mail or in person.
- Payment can be made online by electronic check or credit card. When paying by credit card, a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.85% is added each time to the amount charged by our credit card servicer.
- Payment Reminders: Emails are sent to all payment plan participants to remind them of upcoming payments. Participants are responsible for login into the system and initiating monthly payments and ensuring their payment method is current.
- Late Payment: If a payment is not made by the due dates outlined in the contract, a late fee of $25.00 will assessed immediately. There is NO grace period. Your payment plan may be terminated if you miss an installment payment. At that time, you will then be responsible for paying Montclair State University in full.
- Returned Payments: All returned/rejected check (e-check) payments due to incorrect information (i.e.; invalid account number, banks inability to locate account due to invalid routing/account number, non-sufficient funds, stop payments, etc.) will be will be assessed a $60.00 return check. Your initial payment will be reversed and holds will placed on the student account.
- Billing Adjustments: If at any time you have new charges posted to your account, such as fines, tuition, room and board, etc., your payment plan contract and installments will be recalculated within 24-48 hours. It is your responsibility to monitor your account.
- Holds: If your payments are passed due, a registration and transcript hold will be placed onto your account which blocks registration and/or release of your transcript.
- FERPA Policy – Due to privacy reasons, we cannot disclose any information to anyone other than the student. If the student would like our offices to disclose information to another party, he/she will need to come to our office and complete a FERPA form.
For questions about the payment plan, you may contact Red Hawk Central at 973-655-7600 or email@example.com.