Montclair State University offers a payment plan processed through TouchNet, which students can access through NEST.
All students are responsible for ensuring their contracts are correct and payments are up to date. Keep in mind that as your bill changes, your TouchNet payment plan will be automatically adjusted to accommodate your balance.
There will no longer be a minimum balance required to enroll in the payment plan.
- Students can enroll for one (1) semester at a time and may have one (1) active plan per semester.
- This plan is interest-free and available for a modest fee.
- This is NOT a loan. Students MUST satisfy their previous balance prior to enrollment.
- If your previous balance exceeds $50.00, enrollment is prohibited. Past due balances are not included in the plan. It is recommended that students resolve any past due balance prior to enrollment as a previous balance may prevent your payment plan from recalculating correctly.
- There is a $30.00 enrollment fee due upon enrollment.
- Each payment plan allows for a five (5) day grace period. Payment due dates are stated on your finance agreement. A $25.00 late fee will be assessed for all payments made after the grace period. If you do not set up an automatic withdrawal, the student is responsible to remit payment on a monthly basis before the due date.
The First Payment (Down Payment) and a $30.00 enrollment fee are due upon sign up.
Payment Plan Schedule
|Payment Plan||Enrollment Period & Down Payment||Installment Due|
|5 payments||Monday, January 4 – Thursday, January 28||Varies Per Student. See Agreement Schedule.|
|4 payments||Monday, January 4 – Sunday, February 28||Varies Per Student. See Agreement Schedule.|
|3 payments||Monday, January 4 – Sunday, March 28||Varies Per Student. See Agreement Schedule.|
Important Delinquency Notices
- Any missed payments will result in an automatic hold being placed on your account.
- Payment Plans that remain delinquent* for two consecutive installments will result in termination of the payment plan.
- *Delinquency is the failure to remit payment on or by the scheduled payments due date as defined on the payment plan user agreement.
- *Please note that failure to repay a returned payment will result in your payment plan being considered delinquent.
- If a payment plan is terminated, your balance will be due immediately.
Any changes made to a student account’s balance will automatically update your payment plan amount.
If a charge is added or financial aid is reduced or removed and that increases the balance of the student account, your payment plan will increase accordingly. A computer-generated email is sent to notify of changes to installments.
- Log into NEST, select the Student Accounts tab (upper right-hand corner) and select the “Payment Plans” link.
- Follow the instructions to enroll in the payment plan through TouchNet:
- Select Enroll Now
- Select a plan
Example 1: 5 Month Payment Plan
Example 2: 4 Month Payment Plan
Example 3: 3 Month Payment Plan
- Initiate Payment
- Payment Methods: Once a payment plan is established, you must make payment online directly through the TouchNet Payment Plan Portal. Do not make payments directly to Montclair State University through mail or in person.
- Payment can be made online by electronic check or credit card. When paying by credit card, a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.85% is added each time to the amount charged by our credit card servicer.
- Payment Reminders: Emails are sent to all payment plan participants to remind them of upcoming payments. Participants are responsible for login into the system and initiating monthly payments and ensuring their payment method is current.
- Returned Payments: All returned/rejected check (e-check) payments due to incorrect information (i.e.; invalid account number, banks inability to locate account due to invalid routing/account number, non-sufficient funds, stop payments, etc.) will be will be assessed a $60.00 return check. Your initial payment will be reversed and holds will placed on the student account.
- Billing Adjustments: If at any time you have new charges posted to your account, such as fines, tuition, room and board, etc., your payment plan contract and installments will be recalculated within 24-48 hours. It is your responsibility to monitor your account.
- Holds: If your payments are passed due, a registration and transcript hold will be placed onto your account which blocks registration and/or release of your transcript.
- FERPA Policy – Due to privacy reasons, we cannot disclose any information to anyone other than the student. If the student would like our offices to disclose information to another party, he/she will need to come to our office and complete a FERPA form.
For questions about the payment plan, you may contact Red Hawk Central at 973-655-7600 or email@example.com