Montclair State University offers a payment plan processed through TouchNet, which students can access through NEST.
All students are responsible for ensuring their contracts are correct and payments are up to date. Students can enroll for one (1) semester at a time and may have one (1) active plan per semester. This plan is interest free and available for a modest fee. This is NOT a loan. Payments are not automatically deducted, students must initiate all monthly installment payments.
You must have a minimum balance of $800.00 after you’ve made your down payment. If you receive the message that you’re ineligible, you do not qualify to enroll.
Example: If your balance is $900 and attempt to enroll in a five month plan, your down payment is $180.00 leaving a remaining balance of $720.00. You would not be eligible to enroll as your remaining balance is below the $800.00 threshold.
All past due balances must be paid prior to enrolling in the payment plan.
Effective Spring 2019, there will be NO grace period. Payments are due as stated on contract. Late payments will be assessed a $25.00 late fee. The scheduled payment option is no longer available. All students must log onto to NEST every month and remit payment.
The First Payment (Down Payment) and a $30.00 enrollment fee are due upon sign up.
Effective Spring 2019, there will be NO grace period. Payments are due as stated on contract. Late payments will be assessed a $25.00 late fee. The scheduled payment option is no longer available. All students must log onto to NEST every month and remit payment. Please Note: Spring 2019 payment plan officially opens on Monday, January 7, 2019
|Payment Plan||Minimum Balance Required||Enrollment Period & Down Payment||Installment Due|
|5 payments||$800.00||January 7-January 31||Varies Per Student. See Agreement Schedule.|
|4 payments||$800.00||February 1-February 28||Varies Per Student. See Agreement Schedule.|
|3 payments||$800.00||March 1-March 31||Varies Per Student. See Agreement Schedule.|
- Log into NEST, select the Student Accounts tab (upper right hand corner) and select the “Payment Plans” link.
- Follow the instructions to enroll in the payment plan through TouchNet:
- Select Enroll Now
- Select a plan
Example 1: 5 Month Payment Plan
Example 2: 4 Month Payment Plan
Example 3: 3 Month Payment Plan
- Initiate Payment
- Online Payments – Once a payment plan is established, you must make payment online directly through TouchNet. Do not make payments directly to Montclair State through mail or in person.
- Payment can be made online by electronic check or credit card. When paying by credit card, a non-refundable convenience fee of 2.85% is added each time to the amount charged by our credit card servicer.
- Scheduled Payments – The scheduled payments option is no longer available. Emails are sent to all payment plan participants to remind them of upcoming payments. Participants are responsible for login into the system and self initiating monthly payments on the date as shown on the agreement. Payments will NOT be deducted automatically.
- Late Payment – If a payment is not made by the due dates outlined in the contract, a late fee of $25.00 will be assessed. There is NO grace period. Your payment plan will be terminated after one (1) month of a missed installment payment. At that time, you will be then responsible for paying Montclair State in full.
- Returned Payments – All returned/rejected check (e-check) payments for any reason such as but not limited to (incorrect information, invalid account number, banks inability to locate account due to invalid routing/account number, non-sufficient funds, stop payments, closed accounts etc.) will be assessed a $60.00 return check fee. Your initial payment is reversed and holds are placed on the student account.
- Billing Adjustments – If at any time you have new charges posted to your account, such as fines, tuition, room and board, etc., your payment plan contract and installments will be recalculated within 24-48 hours through add/drop. When add drop is over the recalculation of the payment plan will stop. It is your responsibility to monitor your NEST account.
- Holds – If your payments are passed due, a registration and transcript hold will be placed onto your account which may prevent registration and/or release of your transcript.
- FERPA Policy – Due to privacy reasons, we cannot disclose any information to anyone other than the student. If the student would like our offices to disclose information to another party, he/she will need to come to our office and complete a FERPA form.
For questions about the payment plan, you may contact Red Hawk Central at 973-655-7600 or email@example.com.