Montclair State University offers a payment plan which is processed through TouchNet, which students can access through NEST. All students are responsible for ensuring their contracts are correct and payments are up to date. As your bill changes, the TouchNet payment plan will be automatically adjusted. Students can enroll for one semester at a time and may have one active plan per semester. This plan is interest free and available for a modest fee. This is not a loan. Students must satisfy their previous balance prior to enrollment.
If your previous balance exceeds $100.00, enrollment is prohibited. Past due balances cannot be included in the plan.
Information regarding payment plans for the fall 2018 semester will be available the week of June 11.
|Payment Plan*||Minimum Balance Required||Enrollment Period & Down Payment||Installment Due||Installment Due||Installment Due||Installment Due|
|5 payments||$1,000.00||January 8 – January 31||February 15||March 15||April 15||May 15|
|4 payments||$1,100.00||February 1 – February 28||March 15||April 15||May 15|
|3 payments||$1,200.00||March 1 – March 31||April 15||May 15|
*The first payment (down payment) and a $30.00 enrollment fee are due upon sign up for all payment plans.
Enroll in a Payment Plan
- Log into NEST, Select the Student Accounts tab (upper right hand corner) and Select “Payment Plans”.
- Follow the instructions to enroll in the payment plan through TouchNet.
- For questions about the payment plan, you may visit us at Red Hawk Central or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Payment Plan Details
- Online Payments – Once a payment plan is established, you must make payment online directly through TouchNet. Do not make payments directly to Montclair State through mail or in person.
- Payment can be made online by electronic check or credit card. When paying by credit card, a non-refundable convenience fee will be added to the amount charged by our credit card servicer.
- Returned Payments – All returned/rejected check (e-check) payments due to incorrect information (i.e. invalid account number, bank’s inability to locate account due to invalid routing/account number, non-sufficient funds, stop payments, etc.) will be will be assessed a $60.00 return check fee. Your initial payment will be reversed and holds will placed on the student account.
- Billing Adjustments – If at any time you have new charges posted to your account, such as fines, tuition, room and board, etc., your payment plan contract and installments will be recalculated within 24-48 hours. It is your responsibility to monitor your account.
- Late Payment – If a payment is not made by the due dates outlined in the contract, a late fee of $25.00 will be assessed after seven (7) days. Your payment plan will be terminated after one month of a missed installment payment. At that time you will then be responsible for paying Montclair State University in full.
- Holds – If your payments are passed due, a registration and transcript hold will be placed onto your account which may prevent registration and/or release of your transcript.
- FERPA Policy – Due to privacy reasons, we cannot disclose any information to anyone other than the student. If the student would like our offices to disclose information to another party, he/she will need to come to our office and complete a FERPA form. More information about FERPA.