All students should see their academic advisor as often as possible to create an educational plan. Some students are required to meet with their advisor.
If you are having trouble finding your advisor or if no advisor is listed, please contact your academic department. Visit the Red Hawk Central Academic Advising website for helpful links to all of the colleges and schools academic advising websites as well as information for other academic advising programs.
If academic advising is mandatory for you, your academic advisor will provide you with your own unique registration PIN that will enable you to register for courses in Banner, via NEST. This registration PIN is needed to unlock the system to you, and only you, to sign up for your classes.
Please Note: Registration PINs are unique to a semester’s registration. PINs from previous semesters will not work when registering for your current semester.
Who Needs A PIN?
The following undergraduate students must meet with their advisor to receive a registration PIN:
- First-year students
- Pre-declared majors
- Undergraduate students majoring in EAED, GEOS, ANTH, EAES, POLS, JULS, GEOG, SSCI
- Readmit students for the upcoming semester
- Transfer students for the upcoming semester
- Veteran students
Additionally, students with priority registration will receive an “Alternate PIN” via email. Graduate Assistants will also receive a PIN for registration.
Please Note: Students who have priority registration AND are required to meet with their advisors, will receive a special PIN at their advisor visit.
Everyone Should See Their Advisor!
Academic advising is an important function of higher education. The role of advising is to guide you, the student, on how to transition to your learning environment and become the primary architect and executor of your own education plans. So, make an appointment today, and see your advisor!
If you don’t know who your advisor is, you can find this information in NEST:
- Log into NEST using your University NetID and password.
- Navigate to the “Degree Audit” portlet.
- Select the “Degreeworks” link in this portlet.
- In your Degree Audit, you can find your academic advisor(s) along with their contact information.
- If no academic advisor is listed in this space and you have a major, please contact your academic department.