A student sitting down in a lounge chair working on her laptop in a colorful room.

Registration FAQs

What if you are blocked from repeating a course that you have taken one or more time in prior terms?
Per University Academic Policy, undergraduate students are permitted to repeat a course only in which they have received a final grade of D+, D, D- or F. They are not permitted to repeat a course in which they received a C- or higher without special permission. Graduate students are not permitted to repeat courses without special permission. (Certain “repeatable” courses, like a music lessons, independent studies, coops, special topics courses are exceptions).
For permission to repeat a course for which you have earned a C- or higher, see either the Dean’s Office of the College/School of your major or the Dean’s Office of the College/School in which the course is offered. Graduate students must see the Dean’s Office of the Graduate School.
The request to Repeat a class, or to register for an Independent study can be initiated in your NEST account under “Manage your record.”
How are Permits handled?
Permits may be issued by Department Chairpersons. Students who wish to obtain a permit to enter a closed course, or a course in which they have not met the pre-req, co-req or other requirements, may visit the appropriate academic department for assistance. Once the permit has been entered, students are required to register for the course through NEST before the end of the add/drop period.
How do I find my PIN? (Students with Mandatory advising ONLY)
Students who are required to have mandatory advising will need a Registration PIN to register. While you are meeting with your advisor, you will receive this PIN. Each semester, a new PIN will be issued and needed for registration.
For more information on PINS, please visit the Registration PINs page.
How are applications for graduation being handled?
Students who wish to apply for graduation must do so online through NEST on the “Register for Classes” page.
Undergraduates who have earned 85 hours, Graduate/Master’s students who have earned 20 or more hours and Doctoral candidates with 45 or more hours will see the option to apply to graduate when they select the “Apply for Graduation” link in the “Apply For Graduation” portlet.
How are address changes, name changes, social security changes being handled?
Students can change their mailing and permanent address through NEST in Banner. Students who wish to change their name and social security number please follow the instructions outlined in the name change form on the Forms page, submitting required documents in person to this office.
How is grading handled?
Final grades are available in NEST.
How are wait lists handled?
View waitlist information web page.