Garden State Guarantee
On June 29, 2021 Governor Phil Murphy signed legislation funding the Garden State Guarantee (GSG) effective beginning the Fall 2022 semester. Watch this space for more information about the GSG as it becomes available.
What is the Garden State Guarantee (GSG)?
The Garden State Guarantee is a financial aid program that will provide two years of free tuition at four-year institutions of higher education for New Jersey students in their third and fourth years with family Adjusted Gross Income equal to or less than $65,000 annually.
At the institutional side, we also offered a “bridge” GSG program where, if your gross income is between $65,001 to $80,000 we offer you 50% discount. This part is voluntarily offered by the Montclair State University requested by the state, each school has one and they are all slightly different.
Who is eligible for the GSG?
At this time, the following criteria have been established:
- NJ resident;
- Adjusted gross income of $65,000 or less;
- In your third or fourth year at Montclair State;
- Continuing students and incoming transfers are both eligible;
- Incoming freshmen will become eligible in their third or fourth year if all other criteria has been met;
Please Note: The definition of “third or fourth year” will be further defined by the state and we will update this page when that information has been released.
I think I am eligible. What do I need to do to receive GSG?
- Complete your FAFSA for aid year 22-23 (available starting October 1, 2022) and use Montclair’s school code: 002617;
- Provide any additional documentation requested by the Office of Financial Aid;
- Check your e-mail regularly for updates;
This website reflects all the information we have available about the Garden State Guarantee. We will update it as more details are published.
- For other financial aid questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org
- For other undergraduate admissions questions, contact email@example.com
Last Modified: Monday, August 23, 2021 3:25 pm