Replacement Diplomas

Replacement Diploma Form

If you have lost or misplaced your original Montclair diploma, or if you would like to replace your diploma with one bearing the name of MONTCLAIR STATE UNIVERSITY, send a $45 check or money order (payable to Montclair State University) to:  Office of the Registrar, Montclair State University, 1 Normal Ave.,  Montclair, NJ 07043. Please indicate:

  • Your FULL NAME as it should appear on your diploma, using UPPER and LOWER case letters and appropriate SPACING and PUNCTUATION (first names and surnames must match University records).
  • Your nine digit Student ID Number or your eight digit CWID.
  • Degree earned.
  • Address where diploma is to be mailed.

All replacement diplomas are issued bearing the name of Montclair State University, the date of the original graduation and the signatures of the current Montclair State University President and Board of Trustees Chairperson.The following notation will be printed at the bottom of the replacement diploma: "replacement diploma issued (date of issue)" Please allow 6-8 weeks for the diploma to be sent to you from this office.