exterior of Dickson Hall
News and Announcements

Mark Van Buren ’10

Author and owner of Live Free Yoga Studio in River Edge, New Jersey

Posted in: Alumni Stories

Mark Van Buren

Mark graduated from Montclair in 2010 with a major in Religion. Here’s what he had to say about his education at MSU:

At Montclair I met knowledgeable teachers who didn’t just give me pat answers to what I was seeking. They gave me more questions, expanding my mind way beyond what I started with. Many people asked what I plan on doing with my Religious Studies degree. I am in fact using my degree as I teach yoga, meditation, Buddhism, and mindful living.

I own and operate Live Free Yoga Studio in River Edge, New Jersey, and am releasing my second book on meditation called, Your Life IS Meditation: Buddhist-Inspired Stories and Reflections, (November 2015). My first book, Be Your Sh*tty Self: An Honest Approach to a More Peaceful Life, was a number one Amazon best-seller in Meditation, and much of my writing has been published on popular yoga blogs and websites.

Earning a degree in Religion at MSU can help you transform your life. I would recommend this program for anyone and everyone, regardless of your religious stance.