In our 15th year of celebrating excellence in CSAM, the Recognition of Excellence awards will be held on Thursday, May 2, 2019 in the CELS Atrium between 12:00 p.m. – 1:30 p.m. The CSAM Dean’s office invites students, faculty and staff members to contribute noteworthy accomplishments to be shared with the College at this annual spring gathering.
Examples of items that you may wish to share with the CSAM community are listed below. Please submit a one-page (maximum) description of the item, documentation where appropriate, and any photographs that are illustrative of the activity for use in a slide show. Examples of areas that deserve recognition:
- Community building, including individual or collaborative team practices that enhance the student experience, the community experience in CSAM, promote innovation in CSAM, and positively impact CSAM’s teaching and research missions, student advising and mentoring, outreach and recruiting activities, commitment to diversity and community engagement.
- Professional recognitions, including but not limited to major research or training grants; awards and recognitions to faculty, students and staff from professional societies and organizations; induction into academic and professional honor societies; recognitions and awards from government agencies, businesses, NGOs, or communities; election to leadership positions in professional societies and organizations
- Student recognitions, including but not limited to student research grants, outstanding poster/presentation awards from professional conferences, admission to graduate and professional programs, publications
- Leadership, including students, faculty, and staff with documented records of distinguished and exceptional service and accomplishment while serving as a leader in a Montclair State University or external organization.
- Alumni Achievements, to recognize CSAM alumni who have distinguished themselves in the professional arena or have been recognized for contributions to society, science, technology or education.