In our 16th year of celebrating excellence in CSAM, the Recognition of Excellence awards will be held on Tuesday, May 12, 2020 in the CELS Atrium between 12:00 pm – 1:30 pm. The CSAM Dean’s office invites students, faculty, and staff members to contribute noteworthy accomplishments to be shared with the College at this annual spring gathering.
Examples of items that you may wish to share with the CSAM community are listed below. Please submit a one-page (maximum) description of the item, documentation where appropriate, and any photographs that are illustrative of the activity for use in a slide show. Examples of areas that deserve recognition:
- Community building, including individual or collaborative team practices that enhance the student experience, the community experience in CSAM, promote innovation in CSAM, and positively impact CSAM’s teaching and research missions, student advising and mentoring, outreach and recruiting activities, commitment to diversity, and community engagement.
- Professional recognitions, including but not limited to major research or training grants; awards and recognitions to faculty, students, and staff from professional societies and organizations; induction into academic and professional honor societies; recognitions and awards from government agencies, businesses, NGOs, or communities; election to leadership positions in professional societies and organizations
- Student recognitions, including but not limited to student research grants, outstanding poster/presentation awards from professional conferences, admission to graduate and professional programs, publications
- Leadership, including students, faculty, and staff with documented records of distinguished and exceptional service and accomplishment while serving as a leader in an MSU or external organization.
- Friends of CSAM, recognizing CSAM alumni, MSU employees from outside of CSAM, and external partners or organizations whose support has benefitted the CSAM community.
If you have questions, please contact Andrew Wiese at x7550 or firstname.lastname@example.org.