Access to the Montclair State University Vivarium is limited to university authorized personnel and to those listed on current IACUC approved protocols. See below for instructions to obtain access.
MSU Vivarium User Access Requirements
- Valid MSU ID card
- Complete Right to Know lab safety training
- To be listed on a current IACUC- approved animal use protocol
- Complete the online CITI training modules (registration required)
- ACU – Lab/Vivarium researchers
- Working with (Mice, Rats or Gerbils) in research
- Animal Biosafety Training
- Complete Occupational Health Screening. *
- Complete a Vivarium Orientation (contact Vivarium Director)
* If needed, request hands-on training (contact Vivarium Director)
MSU Vivarium Visitor Access Requirements
- Requester to Complete and submit the vivarium visitor access request form, along with the laboratory animal allergy health screening questionnaire (completed by the visitor), at least 72 business hours before the date of the visit.
- Requester to review the LAR vivarium visitor policy before the visit to assure complete awareness, understanding, and compliance with the process and requirements.
- Visitors that are currently working or visiting another vivarium, must allow at least 24 hours before entering MSU vivarium.
- Visitors will be escorted by the requester and/or LAR personnel all the time during their visit.
- Visitors are not allowed to use or handle the animals in the vivarium, nor use any audio or video recording devices either.
In case of any questions or for more information, please contact the vivarium director.