Current Graduate Students
Our students are an integral part of the CSAM family of scholars, researchers, and inquisitive learners. CSAM students literally have the world at their fingertips with unlimited opportunities in research with renowned faculty and areas of study not found anywhere else. We offer combined Five Year Programs, dozens of Master's programs and two doctoral programs (Environmental Management & Mathematics Education). For more information visit The Graduate School website!
View all the graduate programs offered by each department:
- Chemistry & Biochemistry
- Computer Science
- Earth & Environmental Studies
- Mathematical Sciences
- Physics & Astronomy
Research is a key component to the student experience with opportunities that are diverse in nature and span the globe. Recognizing the enormous talent of our students, we offer the Science Honors Innovation Program (SHIP), which provides unparalleled opportunities for undergraduates to get involved in the research community, get a head start on graduate school, and to compete for awards, fellowships and admissions to top PhD programs.
Students have a wide choice of activities and programming including lectures, seminars, and research symposia. Each year, the Student Research Symposium showcases and shares our students’ outstanding scholarship and research endeavors with the community. Through our biannual event, PharmFest, we bring together the state’s top movers and shakers for a daylong discussion and exploration of current issues in the pharmaceutical industry.
Student Clubs & Organizations
- Biology Club
- Chemistry and Biochemistry Club
- Computer Science Club
- Environmental Club
- North Jersey Astronomical Group, NJAG
- Physics Club
- Sigma Xi: National Research Honor Society (for all science majors)
- Contact: Dr. John Gaynor, Advisor
- Gamma Theta Upsilon: International Honorary Geographical Society
- Kappa Mu Epsilon: National Mathematics Honor Society
- Upsilon Pi Epsilon: Computer Science International Honor Society
- Website: Upsilon Pi Epsilon
- U.S. Green Building Council