Putting the Pieces Together
Students are engaged in scientific and mathematical discovery-based courses and research opportunities in the classroom, the laboratory and the field. Skilled faculty will guide you in your interests, whether it’s genome sequencing or medicine, space exploration or environmental management, geography or geology, aquatic sciences or terrestrial sciences, calculus or computation, data science or computer science.
If you’re inquisitive and constantly seeking answers, you’ll feel right at home! Our students are highly ambitious, motivated and curious. This explains the popularity of our Five Year Programs, eliminating the divide between undergraduate and graduate studies by overlapping credits enabling completion of a BS and MS degree in five years!
You’re not on your own either, we have dedicated advisors and career services specialists to help you throughout your time at the University.
Take a virtual tour to explore our facilities and get a sense of where you would be learning if you decide to come to Montclair State University and join us in the College of Science and Mathematics!
Your Next Steps
Scholarship opportunities are available externally, as well as at the University, College, and Department levels! Take some time to check through the criteria to see if you’re eligible.
- Applications for undergraduate admissions are accepted and reviewed on a rolling basis.
- Montclair State University considers a number of factors in reviewing admissions applications. Well-qualified candidates have
- a 3.2 or higher cumulative high school GPA on an unweighted, 4.0 scale
- a challenging course load, particularly in junior and senior years
- a variety of extracurricular activities.
- SAT and ACT scores are not required, but they will be considered in the admissions process if submitted.
- Other factors considered in our holistic review process include:
- strong letters of recommendation from teachers and/or counselors
- a well-written, thoughtful admissions essay
- a commitment to extracurricular engagement, both in school and in the community