The Cali School of Music makes its home in a 1928 Spanish Mission Style building at the main entrance to the campus. It was renovated and expanded in 2009 to include large rehearsal spaces and the 225-seat Jed Leshowitz Recital Hall. It accommodates nearly 500 students in its classrooms, rehearsal studios and practice rooms. The building is named in honor of the John J. Cali family whose generous $5 million gift provides scholarships and faculty support.
Large ensembles and opera performances take place in the Alexander Kasser Theater, close to the music building. The Kasser Theater is also home to many professional theater and musical productions.
The music library is located in Sprague Library, which is a resource for a wide variety of required arts, liberal arts and science courses. We encourage students to make use of all the resources on the Montclair State campus.