College of the Arts’ (CART) Career Services is a special unit within the College’s Office of Student Services. The unit is dedicated to helping students assess their professional skills and interests; explore careers based on those interests; create strategies for professional development; and succeed in finding a professional direction. CART Career Services will then help you develop a career plan that complements your intended professional direction, taking into account your academic preparation. Services include individualized consultation and a range of special programs.
Whether you are a freshman undergraduate or a master’s degree candidate, there are steps you can take now to advance your career development by participating in CART Career Services’ advising sessions and career development workshops, and/or using our online interactive tools – all of which are designed to help you:
- Learn more about your interests, skills and values
- Research careers
- Prepare your career plan
- Explore professions through Cooperative Education and internship opportunities
- Plan for graduate school
- Develop job search skills
CART Career Services offers something for everyone at each step of the career planning process.
CART Career Services also cooperates with the University’s Center for Career Services & Cooperative Education which provides a centralized database of opportunities for students and alumni.
College of the Arts Career Services News
- The College of the Arts Welcomes Career Services DirectorVictoria Nauta joins Montclair State as the Director of Career Services for the College of the ArtsMonday January 7, 2019
- Theatre and Dance Alumni On ParadeFrom costumes to floats, Red Hawks work Macy’s Thanksgiving ParadeMonday November 19, 2018
- Montclair Theatre Alumnus Goes from Aladdin to Blue's Clues!The childhood staple for a generation ran from 1996 - 2006 and is being relaunched in 2019 as Blue's Clues & You with Montclair State Alumnus Joshua Dela Cruz '11 in the leading role.Friday September 28, 2018
- Undergraduate Commencement Celebrates Student AchievementsLt. Gov. Oliver tells graduates to go out and make their mark on the worldTuesday May 29, 2018
- Spring 2018 Career and Internship FairsCareer Services offers more opportunities to connect with hiring employersThursday February 1, 2018
- Success Story: Sabrina AraulloPublic Relations Major, Class of 2018Tuesday December 12, 2017