Monday, February 18, 2019, 3 – 7:30 p.m.
(Visitors may come for all or part of the day. Optional pre-event tour from 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.)
The Music Therapy faculty offer the opportunity to learn about the field of music therapy as a career choice and about Montclair State’s program. Highlights will include opportunities for networking, class visits and open discussion with the faculty. This event will be hosted by faculty and current students in the program.
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m.
- Pre-Event Campus Tour (Leave from Chapin Lobby, John J. Cali School of Music–Optional)
- 2:30 – 3:00 p.m.
- Arrival/Greetings/Sign-In (Chapin Lobby, John J. Cali School of Music)
- 3:00 – 5:00 p.m.
- Greetings and Orientation to Montclair State University, JJCSOM, and Music Therapy Program (including a general summary of the music therapy field, with video examples), Questions and Answers (Leshowitz)
- 5:15 – 5:45 p.m.
- Tour of Cali School of Music (Gather just outside of Leshowitz, Chapin Lobby)
- 6:00 – 7:30 p.m.
- Dinner Together (Freeman Hall Cafeteria)
New events TBA. Sample event:
- Cali School faculty clinics on jazz improvisation, warmup and practice techniques, audition preparation and more
- Coachings of brass chamber groups in a master class setting
- Solo trumpet master class
- ”Up Close” session on today’s music world
- All participants will perform in the evening Brass Concert
- Check out instruments and accessories
Clinics begin at 9:30 a.m. Lunch and dinner are available onsite. Visitors are welcome throughout the day.
All Brass Day events are free and open to the public, but space is limited and reservations are required.
For further information, please contact Brass Coordinator Don Batchelder via email or at 973-715-1862.
Contact Sasha Enegren for information about upcoming events.
May 3, 2019, at 11:30 am
Alexander Kasser Theater
Free Choral Spring Concert Open Dress Rehearsal – Registration required: Learn more about Choral Concerts
Choralfest 2019 Date TBA
The Montclair State University ChoralFest is a non-competitive, adjudicated high school choral festival emphasizing vocal and ensemble skill development. A maximum of five choirs will be selected to work with Dr. Heather J. Buchanan and perform in the Alexander Kasser Theater.
To learn about events or schedule visits:
- For university tours, open houses and admissions counseling, see Montclair State University Admissions.
- For individual visits to the Cali School, call 973-655-7610.
Every year in October, the Cali School celebrates the opening of the school year by presenting Kaleidoscope concerts, where our student and faculty soloists, chamber groups and large ensembles perform. We also present more than 300 daytime and evening concerts and masterclasses by students, faculty and guest artists throughout the year. See Concerts and Events for the most up-to-date listings.