Fall 2019 Health Insurance Waiver and Enrollment Information
The health insurance waiver website for fall 2019 will be open in late June, 2019. Please monitor your Montclair State Email for more information regarding the health insurance waiver website.
Montclair State University requires all full-time undergraduate and graduate students as defined by the University (12 or more credits for undergraduate, 9 or more credits for graduate) to carry health insurance. The University offers a plan through Aetna as an option for coverage.
|Coverage Period||Coverage Start Date||Coverage End Date||Enrollment/Waiver Deadline|
|Fall-Summer (Annual)||August 15, 2018||August 14, 2019||September 28, 2018
Extended to October 6, 2018
|Spring/Summer||January 2, 2019||August 14, 2019||February 26, 2019|
Rates Undergraduates and Graduates
Full-time students are automatically enrolled in this plan and charged for the insurance premium. You have the option to stay enrolled or waive the plan if covered by another carrier. Proof of coverage MUST be provided by completing the online waiver prior to the deadline of Tuesday, February 26, 2019. Sending Montclair State University or Aetna an email stating you do not want/need the coverage does not follow the waiver policy and is not acceptable.
Students who failed to complete a fall waiver, cannot waive the fee in the spring as the fall deadline has passed. The waiver option is only available for newly admitted students and/or for those that were previously part time and are now considered full time students.
- ID Cards are NOT mailed. They can be retrieved and printed online.
- View Aetna 2018-2019 Plan Documents and Benefits.
- All waivers must be completed online at Aetna Student Health by the established deadline.
- Copies of your insurance card submitted to the Office of Student Accounts or any other Montclair State office does not constitute a waiver and is not acceptable.
- Students who do not complete a waiver by the deadline will be automatically enrolled in the plan and will be responsible for the annual premium.
- As per polices, late appeals or waivers will NOT be accepted.
- Students who waive their insurance in the fall may not enroll in the spring semester.
- Following Aetna requirements, the University reserves the right to make the final determination regarding eligibility for the initial and continued enrollment in this insurance plan.
- The University reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with the University insurance requirements. Please be sure to have a copy of your current insurance policy as you may be asked to provide this documentation.
- Several reminder emails will be sent to students that have not completed a waiver. This will be the only form of notification you will receive. It is very important that you review your Montclair State email and take action by the deadline.