Spring 2018 Health Insurance Waiver & Enrollment Information
Deadline Extended to Friday, February 9, 2018 (Original Date: Friday, January 26, 2018)
Montclair State University requires all full-time undergraduate and graduate students as defined by the University (12 or more credits for undergraduate, nine (9) or more credits for graduate) to carry health insurance. The University offers a plan through United Healthcare as an option for coverage. The insurance waiver process for the spring 2018 semester will open in December 2017.
Insurance Premiums Spring 2018 Semester
Coverage Valid 1/9/18 – 8/14/18
- Undergraduate Students
- Graduate Students
Full time students are automatically enrolled in this plan and charged for the insurance premium when they are registered at full-time status prior to the course add/drop deadline of Tuesday, January 23, 2018. You have the option to stay enrolled or waive the plan if covered by another carrier. Proof of coverage MUST be provided by completing the online waiver prior to the deadline of Friday, February 9, 2018 (original deadline: Friday, January 26, 2018.) Please be aware that as of spring 2017, First Risk Advisors reviews all waiver requests submitted. Students must provide proof of ACTIVE coverage through August 1, 2018 to be APPROVED.
The insurance waiver completed in the fall semester is valid for the entire academic year. Therefore, students who complete the waiver in the fall semester are not required to submit a waiver in the spring semester.
- Copies of your insurance card submitted to the Office of Student Accounts at Red Hawk Central or any other Montclair State University office does not constitute a waiver and is not acceptable. All waivers must be completed online at First Student Health Insurance.
- Students who do not complete a waiver by the deadline will be automatically enrolled in the plan and will be responsible for the annual premium.
- Students who waive their insurance in the fall may not enroll in the spring semester.
- Following United Health Care requirements, the University reserves the right to make the final determination regarding eligibility for the initial and continued enrollment in this insurance plan.
- A valid insurance card must be available when submitting the insurance waiver. Pending insurance coverage or a letter from your employer or third company is not acceptable.
- The University reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with the University insurance requirements. Please be sure to have a copy of your insurance policy as you may be asked to provide this documentation.
- The Office of Student Accounts will send reminder emails to students who have not completed a waiver; this will be the only form of notification you will receive. It is very important that you review your Montclair State email and take action by the deadline.
Spring 2018 Deadline
The insurance waiver and enrollment form must be submitted online on the First Student website by Friday, February 9, 2018 (Original Date: Friday, January 26, 2018).
Students enrolled in a comparable health insurance plan may be eligible to waive the Student Health Insurance Plan. If you already have health insurance coverage through your family, spouse or employer you may opt to waive the University Plan by completing a Health Insurance Waiver form online at First Student website. If you recently became a full-time student please allow two to three business days for your information to be updated on firststudent.com before attempting to complete the waiver.
- Go to the First Student website.
- Select “Montclair State University”.
- Select “Waive Your School’s Health Insurance” on the left hand side of the page, second tab.
- Select “Waive Now”.
- Enter student’s date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy) and student’s CWID # to access the waiver form (the CWID # does NOT include “M”).
- Complete the Waiver Form with the required health insurance information. Do not leave any fields blank.
- Print your confirmation page. If you do not receive a confirmation, your waiver was not submitted successfully.
It is important that you review your bill on NEST periodically to ensure your account is credited after completing a waiver. Credits are applied to the student’s account within three to five business days after a waiver has been APPROVED. If you are experiencing an issue in waiving your insurance, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please Note: If your waiver was submitted and was declined, please submit a copy of your current Medical ID card, Certificate of Insurance or Letter of Eligibility for your waiver to be reconsidered. This MUST be submitted to First Risk Advisors by email at email@example.com by February 2, 2018.
Full time students are automatically enrolled in the University’s Health Insurance plan and charged for the insurance premium when they are registered at full-time status prior to the course add/drop deadline of Tuesday, January 23, 2018. If a student would like to have access to the health insurance card prior to the open enrollment deadline of Friday, January 26, 2018, the student must self-enroll in the insurance. After submitting the self-enrollment form, the student will have access to their card within 24 hours. If students do not self-enroll, they will be notified by United Healthcare of their enrollment with instructions on how to access their card after the enrollment deadline of Friday, February 9, 2018 (Original Date: Friday, January 26, 2018.) You may opt to enroll in the University Plan by completing a Health Insurance enrollment form online on the First Student website. If you recently became a full-time student please allow two to three business days for your information to be updated on the First Student website before attempting to self-enroll.
- Visit the First Student website.
- Select “Montclair State University”.
- Select “Enroll Now-Health Insurance” on the left hand side of the page, first tab.
- Select “Enroll Now”.
- Enter student’s date of birth (mm/dd/yyyy) and student’s CWID # to access the enrollment form (the CWID # does NOT include “M”).
- Complete the Enrollment Form with the required information.
- Print your confirmation page.
For any questions please contact First Risk Advisors by email at firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. You may contact them by phone at 267-880-2300 or fax 267 880-2301.Please include your student ID number on your documents or emails.