Fall 2018 Health Insurance Waiver & Enrollment Information
Deadline for Waiver Extended: Friday, October 12, 2018 (Original Date: Friday, September 28, 2018.)
Students can now waive the student health insurance plan. Students received an email message with a link to the Aetna website to fill out the waiver online. Students are required to provide evidence of health insurance.
Montclair State University requires all full-time undergraduate and graduate students as defined by the University (12 or more credits for undergraduate, 9 or more credits for graduate) to carry health insurance. The University offers a plan through Aetna as an option for coverage.
Insurance Premiums Fall 2018 Semester
Coverage Valid August 15, 2018- August 14, 2019
Undergraduate Students: $1,652.00
Graduate Students: $4,468.00
Full-time students are automatically enrolled in this plan and charged for the insurance premium. You have the option to stay enrolled or waive the plan if covered by another carrier. Proof of coverage MUST be provided by completing the online waiver prior to the deadline of Friday, September 28, 2018.
Sending Montclair State University or Aetna an email stating you do not want/need the coverage does not follow the waiver policy and is not acceptable.
- All waivers must be completed online. Copies of your insurance card submitted to the Office of Student Accounts or any other Montclair State office does not constitute a waiver and is not acceptable.
- Students who do not complete a waiver by the deadline will be automatically enrolled in the plan and will be responsible for the annual premium.
- Students who waive their insurance in the fall may not enroll in the spring semester.
- Following Aetna requirements, the University reserves the right to make the final determination regarding eligibility for the initial and continued enrollment in this insurance plan.
- The University reserves the right to audit all waivers in order to ensure compliance with the University insurance requirements. Please be sure to have a copy of your current insurance policy as you may be asked to provide this documentation.
- The Office of Student Accounts will send reminder emails to students that have not completed a waiver, this will be the only form of notification you will receive. It is very important that you review your Montclair State email and take action by the deadline.