- Department: Health and Nutrition Sciences
- Office: University Hall 4166
- Phone: (973) 655-7119
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- MSU Faculty/Staff Profile: http://www.montclair.edu/~donnellyj
Scholarly Interests and Specialties
- Dr. Donnelly became a faculty member at Montclair State University in 1996. Dr. Donnelly has had the opportunity to work within the field of abstinence-only education, alcohol and substance abuse, prevention programs, and a variety of adolescent health initiatives for the past 15 years.
- His scholarly work, including evaluation results, has been presented at national conferences and published in peer reviewed scholarly journals. Most recently, Dr. Donnelly's evaluation of The Choice Game, an abstinence education project was presented at the recent National Abstinence Education Evaluation Conference in Baltimore, Maryland. In addition, Dr. Donnelly has 2 textbooks published, Health Counseling: Application and Theory, Wadsworth/Thomson published in 2003, and Mental Health: Dimensions of Self-Esteem Emotional Well-Being, Allyn & Bacon published in 2001.
- Dr. Donnelly has secured approximately $2 million of external funding over the past 10 years from the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, United States Department of Education, United State Department of Health and Human Services, New Jersey State Department of Health and Senior Services.