The CEHS Grants Manager assists faculty in identifying potential sponsors for research and/or programmatic projects. The Grants Manager also helps the Principal Investigator (PI) in the application process by interpreting guidelines, developing budgets, and completing the application requirements, as well as assists in coordinating with ORSP or the Development Office in submitting proposals.
Types of support include:
- Assisting in the identification of possible funding opportunities for a project or program
- Registering faculty with the Pivot database for funding announcement notifications
- Assisting in the interpretation of sponsor’s guidelines
- Completing necessary forms, assurances, certifications, etc. necessary for submission
- Advising and assisting applicants in structuring, sequencing and packaging a proposal
- Reviewing proposal for formatting, accuracy and adherence to agency objectives
- Acting as the administrative liaison between the funding agency and the investigator
- Coordinating CEHS approvals and signatures for proposal submission
- Collaborating with ORSP and/or the Development office
Fax Number: 973-655-7638
The Post-Award Facilitator provides post-award support to external grant recipients. Services include:
- Advising and assisting CEHS faculty and staff in the interpretation and application of policies and procedures that govern grants
- Account management for both grant and indirect cost revenue funds
- Reviewing expenditures for compliance
- Resolving a variety of issues, including accounting, personnel, and system errors
- Preparation of budget reports for projections and modifications
- Coordination of purchasing, online requisitioning, and prompt payment when merchandise is received and/or services rendered
- Review of reports for accuracy
- Coordination of hiring and payroll for grant-funded personnel
- Maintenance of essential and confidential records for all activities
For assistance with student-related financial aid grants, please contact the Financial Aid office at 973-655-7600.
- The ORSP webpage includes pre-award and post-award procedures, budget templates, institutional information, IRB protocols and applications, Montclair State University internal awards and reports on past recipients.
- The CEHS proposal timeline articulates the milestones in the submission process.
Links to Grant Writing Guides
- Guide to Grant Proposal Writing Provided by the NJ State Library
- A Guide for Proposal Writing, National Science Foundation
Search Engines for External Funding
Pivot connects University faculty and staff to financial support by leveraging the most comprehensive global source of sponsored funding opportunities and provides scholarly profiles to match researchers with financial partners and collaborators. Learn more about Pivot. If you need assistance, the Grants Manager is happy to help.
Grants.gov is a comprehensive gateway for all federal grant-making agencies. You can search for upcoming (and past) opportunities through this portal.
The Grants Manager also has access to the University’s subscription to The Foundation Center, an additional valuable resource in the search for funding.
External Funding Websites
- US Department of Education, Forecast of Funding Opportunities
- NIH – National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- Spencer Foundation
New Jersey State Funding
- The State of New Jersey’s Grants page summarizes the major state funding sources.
- New Jersey Department of Education grants
Other agencies in New Jersey that provide funding opportunities are:
Finding funding and administering a grant are challenging. Let us help!