Office: Suite 3142
Fax Number: 973-655-7638
Office Hours: Tuesday, Thursday, Friday 12:30-4:30 p.m. Wednesday 3:30-4:30 p.m.
The CEHS Grants Coordinator can assist faculty in identifying potential sponsors for research and/or special projects. The Grants Coordinator also helps the Principal Investigator (PI) in the application process by interpreting guidelines, developing budgets, and completing the application requirements as well as assists in coordinating with ORSP or the Development Office in submitting proposals.
Types of support include:
- Assisting in the identification of possible funding opportunities for a project or program.
- Registering faculty with the SPIN database for funding announcement notifications.
- Assisting in the interpretation of sponsor’s guidelines.
- Completing necessary forms, assurances, certifications, etc. necessary for submission.
- Advising and assisting applicants in structuring, sequencing and packaging a proposal.
- Reviewing proposal for formatting, accuracy and adherence to agency objectives.
- Acting as the administrative liaison between the funding agency and the investigator.
- Coordinating CEHS approvals and signatures for proposal submission.
- Collaborating with ORSP and/or the Development office.
- Providing educational resources through ongoing trainings, workshops and one-on-one meetings.
The ORSP webpage includes pre-award and post-award procedures, budget templates, Institutional information, IRB protocols and applications, Montclair State University internal awards and reports on past recipients.
Links to Grant Writing Guides
- Guide to Grant Proposal Writing Provided by the NJ State Library
- A Guide for Proposal Writing, National Science Foundation
- The Foundation Center, Proposal Writing Short Course
Search Engines for External Funding
InfoEd is a subscription service that features the SPIN search engine. SPIN searches federal, state, and private funding sources using keywords that match your research interests. If you do not have a SMARTS account through InfoEd, the Grants Coordinator can help you create a profile of your research interests on this website. Funding opportunities matching keywords in your profile will be delivered directly to your email account.
Grants.gov is a comprehensive gateway for all federal grant-making agencies. You can search for upcoming (and past) opportunities through this portal.
External Funding Websites
- US Department of Education
- Forecast of Funding Opportunities
- NIH – National Institutes of Health
- National Science Foundation
- The State of New Jersey’s Grants page summarizes the major state funding sources.
- New Jersey Department of Education grant
Other agencies in New Jersey that provide funding opportunities are: