Tuesday, May 20, 2014
(Bachelor degree recipients and candidates)
Dear Graduate or Baccalaureate Candidate:
You are cordially invited to attend the 2014 College of Education and Human Services Convocation Ceremony to be held on Tuesday, May 20, 2014 at 2:00 p.m. on Sprague Field. This is an opportunity for the College and you to recognize a milestone in your life and celebrate your achievement. Additional information on the event will be posted by late February 2014.
Eligibility to Attend
- CEHS candidates who have filed for a final audit for May 2014, completed their degree requirements, and are on the May 2014 graduation list are eligible to participate. In addition, graduates whose degrees were conferred in August 2013 or January 2014 are also eligible to participate.
- Graduates and candidates of the Master's or Doctorate degree should attend The Graduate School Convocation.
- Graduating students are required to wear their academic regalia (gowns and stoles only) at the Convocation Ceremony.
- Caps and tassels are reserved for Commencement. Academic caps and tassels are NOT worn for Convocation but will be worn at Commencement in the IZOD Center.
- Handbags or other carried articles are not permitted in the ceremony. Please leave handbags or other items at home, with a guest, or in the car.
- Sprague Field is an outdoor structure, and it is suggested that students and guests consider comfortable clothing and flat shoes for the event.
Parking is available for free in all surface lots (except for the President's Circle) and the Red Hawk Deck. Click here for a parking map, including information about parking for guests with special needs. The Red Hawk Shuttle will be running on a regular schedule during Convocations with service to all parking areas. Please note: Parking fees and ticketing will be suspended ONLY on the days of the events. Regular fees apply during regular days/hours.
The rain dates for Convocations are May 21 and May 22. The specific date and time will be determined if the event is postponed.
We congratulate and commend you on this wonderful accomplishment. We look forward to welcoming you and your guests at this year's College of Education and Human Services Convocation.
Francine Peterman, Dean
College of Education and Human Services