NSF S-STEM grant: Opening Pathways, Engaging, and Networking in Chemistry in Northern New Jersey (OPEN-NJ)
- PI: Nina Goodey
- Marc Kasner
- John Siekierka
- Katherine Herbert
- Jennifer A. Krumins
Receive one of the scholarships ($10,000/year for 2 or 3 years) to enter one of the following programs at Montclair State for Fall 2016:
- Masters in Pharmaceutical Biochemistry
- Masters in Chemistry
- Masters in Chemistry with a Conc. in Biochemistry
This program is open for the following majors: Biochemistry, Chemistry, Biology, Molecular Biology, Environmental Sciences, and related degrees (BA or BS). Non-majors attend a Bridge/Transition Year (Year 0) (click to view sample; this is for non majors only) prior to continuing into the M.S. course work. Students can view the Program of Study for the MS programs.
Requirements for Program
- Minimum overall 3.0 GPA (BS or BA degree)
- Completed General Chemistry I (with lab), General Chemistry II (with lab), Organic Chemistry I (with lab), Organic Chemistry II, Calculus I and a year of Physics
- US citizen, national, admitted refugee or permanent resident
- Enrolling full time in an MSU Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry MS program
- Financial aid eligible as determined by the Office of Financial Aid.
- Committed to participating in all OPEN-NJ meetings including networking events.
Apply to the Graduate Program at Montclair State University AND email Dr. Nina Goodey to indicate interest in the OPEN-NJ Scholarship Program. The Selection Committee will use your graduate school application.
Please, email Dr. Nina Goodey.