In order to be considered for Homeschool Admission to Montclair State University, you will need to submit:
- A completed application. Apply Now for Fall 2018.
- A $65 non-refundable application fee.
Homeschool Admission Standards
As a Homeschooled applicant, you are required to have completed the following high school courses with satisfactory grades:
- Four units of English.
- Three units of math (in the Algebra, Geometry, Algebra II sequence).
- Two units of the same foreign language.
- Two units of lab sciences.
- Two units of social sciences.
- Three units of academic electives (which may include additional units of math, languages, sciences or social sciences.)
We review each application individually; however, when considering an applicant for Homeschool Admission, certain minimum standards are followed. Strong candidates for admission generally meet the following criteria:
- A GPA of 3.1 or greater in the required curriculum.
- High school transcripts OR GED scores.
As a Homeschooled applicant in addition to meeting the general criteria the following below are required:
- A personal interview with an Admissions Counselor.
- Submit two letters of recommendation from someone familiar with your previous academic work or from someone who can comment on your background, experience, capacity to succeed and motivation (i.e. an employer, co-worker, someone from your community, etc.).
- Explain your reasons for seeking admission to Montclair State University, including what you believe are your academic strengths and interests. Be certain to explain any situations that may have had an impact, either positively or negatively, on your academic record. List significant activities in which you have participated.
For questions regarding application requirements or criteria, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions.